How Should Junior Grand Prix Finalists be Selected? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

How Should Junior Grand Prix Finalists be Selected?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think the fairest system is to go by total points for the qualification to JGPF.

But I have a suspect feeling that they will simply re-assign Russian skaters results to events they were supposed to be at. Like Zhilina and Petrosian at Courchevel I, and maybe Akatieva and Samodelkina at Courchevel II. Which means those French podiums will change retrospecitvely.
And then they can have the normal point system.

Whatever they do, it's a shame the Japanese federation pulled out of the whole JGP, and I think they did that just because of the French debacle.
No, Japan had already said they wouldn't send skaters to the first 3 events before the issues with France came up. Then they decided to not go to any of the events.

zebobes

Final Flight
Since Japan is hosting the GPF, I wonder if they will try to see if they can have one spot for a junior woman and man. How do you think that idea would work, or would it just cause too many problems?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since Japan is hosting the GPF, I wonder if they will try to see if they can have one spot for a junior woman and man. How do you think that idea would work, or would it just cause too many problems?

I think that's an intriguing idea, and since they are putting the time and effort into hosting, I certainly wouldn't object to an extra "host pick".

But I am one who thinks that scores alone (or medals alone) for qualification is unfair, and would like to have scores and medals, so I have no problem expanding the field. :)

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
But I am one who thinks that scores alone (or medals alone) for qualification is unfair, and would like to have scores and medals, so I have no problem expanding the field. :)

I don't follow the boys so that I cannot say what's going on there. But with the girls no matter what system is used the common sense says that the fair final should be 5 Russians plus Isabeau Levito.