IF Osmond wins World Gold will she quit! | Golden Skate

IF Osmond wins World Gold will she quit!

russell30

Final Flight
Absolutely not. No. Why would you even think that?

Maybe just its a stellar year! and the increasing demands technically on the sport! It was just a whirlwind thought but hey...I don't want Kaetlyn to go either!!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Why would she quit?

Truth is, she'll easily make the Canadian teams even if she were to significantly lower her training amounts and regress massively. If that's what you had in mind.

Roo87

Medalist
well, maybe because Medvadeva isn't even competing? With regards to Osmond, she gets a lot of hate on this forum, with many posters believing she never had a chance to make the Olympic podium. Osmond for Gold is also a play on a common poster "Osmond4gold"'s user name.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
If she can remain healthy for the next four years, she's virtually guaranteed another Olympic medal (in the team event). That should be plenty of motivation.

randomfan

Record Breaker
:eek:topic: but I’m more curious about Zagitova. If she wins Worlds, she’ll have all the major titles in this sport (all from a single season!), so what will she do next? This may turn out to be a Yuna Kim deja vu...

millie

Medalist
love the constructivism...

P.S. you know, i just thought that for some reasons i don't see people shouting "Medvedeva for Gold" or let's say "Miyahara for Gold" in every thread :palmf:

I don’t see people shouting canadianfan, americanfan on every thread. Osmond4Gold is a user name like russianfan🙂..

zounger

Medalist
If she can keep her current competitive form I don't see why she would stop. She is on the podium in every major competition.

Lily flowers

On the Ice
well, maybe because Medvadeva isn't even competing? With regards to Osmond, she gets a lot of hate on this forum, with many posters believing she never had a chance to make the Olympic podium. Osmond for Gold is also a play on a common poster "Osmond4gold"'s user name.

You know, many skaters gets a lot of hate on this forum (it’s a trademark, really), particularly those who are successful. While reading competitions threads, people are so nice and sweet about the skaters in the first groups, but once they reach the last groups, the venom comes out. I wonder why that is, it’s really unfortunate.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I don't picture her leaving any time soon. She lost a few years in the sport due to her injury, and has worked hard to get back to the top of her game. I don't picture her throwing that away so easily.

She also seems to be motivated by giving strong performances/developing her artistic range and not just winning, so I can picture her wanting to have more to contribute to the sport. While it seems that the sport will be overrun by quadsters, she'll always have something that many of them will never have - charisma and personality that the sport needs in order to not simply become a jump fest.

She also has a huge 3T, so who knows, maybe she'll be the first North American to try/land a quad herself. And of course, if she manages to maintain her form for another 4 years, she'll always be a contender and there's another likely Olympic team event medal for her too, so as a "worst-case scenario" that's not too bad.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I do hope Kaetlyn for gold at Worlds as much as I want Carolina happily to retire with another World title. However I don't wish Kaetlyn's retirement after this season but do wish she continues until Beijing. She has so much more to give us.

vavavoom

Rinkside
I do not think she would quit... but then again, the chances of her winning gold are really minuscule, if I were to bet, it would be around 1%.

I am pretty positive she will continue until Beijing, the Canadian junior field is relatively weak... so her and Gabby are very likely to compete in three Olympics.

kenboy123

On the Ice
Truth be told, she isn't exactly young (in women's figure skating terms) and is probably near the end of her career...i hope she sticks around for the next olympic cycle, but she will be 26 by then...for argument's sake, lets say she does win the world title this year...what else could she possibly achieve that she haven't already...only the Olympic gold...which would be highly unlikely..so as much as i hate to say it, if she wins the world title...she's probably done...

kenboy123

On the Ice
I do not think she would quit... but then again, the chances of her winning gold are really minuscule, if I were to bet, it would be around 1%.

I am pretty positive she will continue until Beijing, the Canadian junior field is relatively weak... so her and Gabby are very likely to compete in three Olympics.

Her chances of winning gold is better than 98% of the women's field...the only person that has a better chance is Zagitova...

steiner

Rinkside
I don't think so; she's at the top of her game and the Canadian ladies' field is pretty bare outside of her and Gabby. I expect she'll want to ride this wave as long as she can.

colormyworld240

Medalist
I don't picture her leaving any time soon. She lost a few years in the sport due to her injury, and has worked hard to get back to the top of her game. I don't picture her throwing that away so easily.

She also seems to be motivated by giving strong performances/developing her artistic range and not just winning, so I can picture her wanting to have more to contribute to the sport. While it seems that the sport will be overrun by quadsters, she'll always have something that many of them will never have - charisma and personality that the sport needs in order to not simply become a jump fest.

She also has a huge 3T, so who knows, maybe she'll be the first North American to try/land a quad herself. And of course, if she manages to maintain her form for another 4 years, she'll always be a contender and there's another likely Olympic team event medal for her too, so as a "worst-case scenario" that's not too bad.

I think Gabby is more likely to land a 4T than Kaetlyn. But I think Kaetlyn's best jump is her flip

trains

On the Ice
Forgive me russel30, but you started a thread saying Kaetlyn would quit if she won gold and then you cheered for her to win gold. Do you want her to quit?
I enjoy her skating very much. I hope she stays around for as long as she can. Good luck at worlds KO!