Opinions on JW Gold Seal Revolution (Transition from JW Coronation Ace)? | Golden Skate

Opinions on JW Gold Seal Revolution (Transition from JW Coronation Ace)?

maoasadasupremacy

Spectator
Hi! So I'm looking into ordering new blades (with the current wait-times I won't get them for at least another few months anyway) and I was wondering if anybody has tried the transition from JW Coronation Aces to JW Gold Seal Revolutions, or what their general opinions are on JW Gold Seal Revolutions.

I really enjoy my CA blades, and when I initially got them 1 ½ years ago, they made a massive difference in my steps and spins. I can do all my singles and a few doubles consistently, but I definitely prefer (and am way better at) spinning and steps. I've heard a lot of good things about Gold Seals for spinning, so that's why I'm leaning towards them. I know I technically don't 'need' these blades, but I feel like I'm approaching my limit with my Coronation Aces and may as well get better blades while I'm at it. I also prefer the look of the revolution blades, and they're only slightly more expensive than the regular blades where I am, so I'm leaning towards the revolution model.

Anyway, if anyone has any experience with this please feel free to let me know!!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi! So I'm looking into ordering new blades (with the current wait-times I won't get them for at least another few months anyway) and I was wondering if anybody has tried the transition from JW Coronation Aces to JW Gold Seal Revolutions, or what their general opinions are on JW Gold Seal Revolutions.

I really enjoy my CA blades, and when I initially got them 1 ½ years ago, they made a massive difference in my steps and spins. I can do all my singles and a few doubles consistently, but I definitely prefer (and am way better at) spinning and steps. I've heard a lot of good things about Gold Seals for spinning, so that's why I'm leaning towards them. I know I technically don't 'need' these blades, but I feel like I'm approaching my limit with my Coronation Aces and may as well get better blades while I'm at it. I also prefer the look of the revolution blades, and they're only slightly more expensive than the regular blades where I am, so I'm leaning towards the revolution model.

Anyway, if anyone has any experience with this please feel free to let me know!!
Hi and welcome! :) I have tested/worn just about every blade out there. At this point in your skating, you should be able to continue with a new Coronation Ace. But if you want to upgrade, stay with the Gold Seal traditional. They are going to be enough of a bigger difference to a skater of your level. There is no need for Revs or Lites for anyone really until triples or top level skaters.

Good luck! :)

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I'd say to stick with the traditional Gold Seals for now. Catch-hold moves are more difficult with the revolutions and you also don't want to waste any potential benefit of the weight change just yet.

Modus_vivendi

Spectator
I second everything written above. The traditional GS skates nicer than the rev IMHO. Also, the revs are for some reason shorter by almost a cm for a given length compared with their traditional counterpart which is a bit weird. I've used both and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm now on the revs for reasons beyond my control I'd get the regular gold seals. However, you WILL notice an improvement with steps and spins over your old blades, and it's a worthwhile upgrade if you've got the means to do so!