Ilia Malinin | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Ilia Malinin

cailuj365

On the Ice
I really like both of his SOI programs. Not what I was expecting, but some interesting new moves and positions in both. Really quite lovely. I can't see his face well, but he looks much more grown up compared to even a month ago. Maybe it's the costumes.

I do not love that whole schtick of making him perform quad axels and quad lutzes every night though as if he's some monkey. He looks more tired this tour compared to the others, and he could really injure himself if he's not in the best condition. I'm exhausted just looking at his schedule.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do agree with the above on the programs he’s doing for the SOI Canada tour are good. The Billie Eilish one I hope he keeps for next season as an exhibition program.

I must say the mad scientist group number is hilarious to me as someone does laboratory work for a living.

cailuj365

On the Ice
Wow, big article from The Guardian:

Who wants to tell Ilia that skaters were doing triple axels long before 30 years ago? :laugh:

I still think that Ilia is less interested in Olympic Gold as he is with being the first to land a quint. *sigh*

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Wow, big article from The Guardian:

Who wants to tell Ilia that skaters were doing triple axels long before 30 years ago? :laugh:

I still think that Ilia is less interested in Olympic Gold as he is with being the first to land a quint. *sigh*

Yeah, it's like getting closer to 50 years now

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Ilia in a recent Stars on Ice: Canada performance clip:

Can’t help but wonder if Aliona Kostornaia’s superb EX to this song influenced his choice. Audience loved his performance! I hope he keeps it .. no better way to up his artistry and diversity in his programs tho I don’t need convincing.. imv a delight
Here is Aliona’s performance to the same song..

Last edited: