Ilya Yablokov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ilya Yablokov

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
And this is my favourite international FS performance by Ilya this season, also from JGP in Ljubljana.
Highlights are the confident 4Lo, a well executed illusion spin, the expressive step sequence, and Ilya's coach Viktoria Butsaeva shouting "Davai, davai, davai!" from behind the boards after the fall from 4T :laugh::

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
A clip from the training camp in Sochi with a brief interview with Ilya (among other skaters). He talks about the preparation for the new season and his plans to compete in seniors.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Ilya injured his foot and needs surgery. :cry: Get well soon, Ilya! 🙏💐

MOSCOW, August 9. /TASS/. The Russian junior figure skating champion Ilya Yablokov will undergo surgery, the athlete's coach Victoria Butsaeva told TASS.

Ilya will have surgery tomorrow, - said Butsaeva. - It's a fairly common foot surgery. If everything goes well, he can go on the ice again in two weeks.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Ilya is back training on the ice! 😻
From an interview with coach Viktoria Butsaeva after Panin Memorial:

"He [Ilya] is out on the ice, he's slowly starting to jump - only triples so far. We're slowly skating programs, layouts without jumps. I hope there is enough time, but I will not make any predictions, because after all, the knee is such a thing... To preserve his career for many years, we will do everything very carefully, on the advice of professionals. I hope that there will be enough time for him to perform at least with the minimum jumping set on two stages of the Cup and to be selected for the championship of Russia. Then we'll prepare for the championship."

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Coach Vika Butsaeva confirmed that Ilya will be able to participate in later stages of the CoR. Seeing all the ice cream in the previous stages' K&C on TV must provide additional motivation. :laugh:

From sports.ru:
In August it became known that Yablokov would need to undergo surgery on his knee. He is scheduled for the fourth and sixth stages of the Russian Grand Prix, which will be held in Moscow (November 11-13) and Perm (November 25-27).

"[Ilya] is slowly recovering, now in Moscow he will perform in the fourth stage.
Is he ready? It's hard to say, but he will be, we have to be. The jumping content will, of course, be lightweight - with a quad, but only one, of course there will be no quad rittberger, otherwise after the surgery it can all end badly for the knee, "- said Butsaeva.

Butsaeva had to end her own career due to a knee injury, so I trust she will be very careful about Ilya's recovery and not rush him into anything. :pray:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm so excited for today and tomorrow, I can only communicate in emojis anymore: :cheer2: :cheer:🍀🍨
Finally, it's time for ice cream again!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Ilya :yahoo: :yahoo::yahoo:
Turns out The Ecstasy of Gold is his new Short, now I'm even more curious what he will show in the Free. :drama:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
1668337486282.png
So many questions. :dbana: Is it Staying Alive from the Bee Gees? Or the 2022 song from someone called DJ Khaled? Or is it the soundtrack of the Saturday Night Fever sequel?

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
:dance3::dance3::dance3:
I've been waiting for this since February when last season ended, and it's been worth every second of it. The sole thing I regret is that I can only see it once for the very first time.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Ilya Bauer captured by Ira Sharova (yes, I will go on spamming this fan fest as long as I want to).
View attachment 5916
Keep it up! We're making up for the late start to his season 🥰

I can't keep a straight face with this thumbnail 😆 What's even funnier is Coach Vika's calm nod of approval (I imagine she'd be like 'alright, permission to have another ice cream'...)

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
:dbana:
Ok. That's it. We can end this season now. This cannot possibly be topped anymore. Tamara Moskvina giggling and winking is everyone of us.

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Did I mention how much I like Ilya's skating and how much I like his team? They've done excellent work during the off-season, really all the programs are special and brilliant in their own way. 🥰