Jackson Freestyles as a suitable beginner skate? | Golden Skate

Jackson Freestyles as a suitable beginner skate?

iceadviceneeded

Spectator
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, I'm new to the website 😅

Anyway, I'm wondering if Jackson Freestyles would be suitable beginner skates for me?

I'm a 40kg, 14 year old, 155cm female just starting learn to skate level 3 and I'm not sure what beginner skates to get. Ideally, I would go to a fitter but there aren't any in my country and my parents aren't willing to fly (at least not for beginner skates.)

So far, I'm not doing any jumps or spins, only edgework, backwards skating, and crossovers. I want to get skates that will last to the end of my learn to skate programme and perhaps into singles too but then I'm worried that Jackson Freestyles might be overbooting. However, I've heard that they're good beginner skates but that might just be for older people?

So, my question is (and I know that it's hard to deduce online so I'm just asking for a general guideline) are Jackson Freestyles suitable in my circumstances?

Thanks if anybody replies ❤️❤️❤️

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, I'm new to the website 😅

Anyway, I'm wondering if Jackson Freestyles would be suitable beginner skates for me?

I'm a 40kg, 14 year old, 155cm female just starting learn to skate level 3 and I'm not sure what beginner skates to get. Ideally, I would go to a fitter but there aren't any in my country and my parents aren't willing to fly (at least not for beginner skates.)

So far, I'm not doing any jumps or spins, only edgework, backwards skating, and crossovers. I want to get skates that will last to the end of my learn to skate programme and perhaps into singles too but then I'm worried that Jackson Freestyles might be overbooting. However, I've heard that they're good beginner skates but that might just be for older people?

So, my question is (and I know that it's hard to deduce online so I'm just asking for a general guideline) are Jackson Freestyles suitable in my circumstances?

Thanks if anybody replies ❤️❤️❤️
Hi and welcome! First of all, no skate will last that long. A Jackson Freestyle would be fine for what you need and your stats at this time, but that is only if your foot shape is meant for Jackson. Let us know what country/city you are in and also your foot type see here for reference and we can help you further.

Good luck! :)

iceadviceneeded

Spectator
Hi and welcome! First of all, no skate will last that long. A Jackson Freestyle would be fine for what you need and your stats at this time, but that is only if your foot shape is meant for Jackson. Let us know what country/city you are in and also your foot type see here for reference and we can help you further.

Good luck! :)
I'm in Derry/Londonderry, Northern Ireland :)
I'd say that my foot is medium in width and with Egyptian toes. Thank you!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm in Derry/Londonderry, Northern Ireland :)
I'd say that my foot is medium in width and with Egyptian toes. Thank you!
With Egyptian foot shape you aren't going to be right for Jackson, they are going to be too wide for you.
With your foot you would be better off with Edea Wave or Edea Motivo. Or Riedell Stride.

Good luck!

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States

I'm a 40kg, 14 year old, 155cm female just starting learn to skate level 3 and I'm not sure what beginner skates to get. Ideally, ...

I want to get skates that will last to the end of my learn to skate programme and perhaps into singles too but then I'm worried that Jackson Freestyles might be overbooting.
Also, are you sure your feet have stopped growing?

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Hello and welcome from a skater in Cornwall, who understands the difficulty of a long trip to a fitter. :rolleye: My advice is to give Alison Holden at Al's Skate Shop at call. She really knows her stuff and will be able to help you and is also the fitter you'll need to go to when your parents are happy to fly for a skate fitting. Her shops are in Blackpool and Deeside but I'm pretty certain she offers virtual fitting services, too, for skaters who just can't get there. I've always found her really helpful and have sent many skaters her way, who have all been very happy with her advice and services. I suspect that most of the skaters at Dundonald visit her for their skates, too.

The contact information is here:-

Al's Skate Shop

Good luck and happy skating!

iceadviceneeded

Spectator
Hello and welcome from a skater in Cornwall, who understands the difficulty of a long trip to a fitter. :rolleye: My advice is to give Alison Holden at Al's Skate Shop at call. She really knows her stuff and will be able to help you and is also the fitter you'll need to go to when your parents are happy to fly for a skate fitting. Her shops are in Blackpool and Deeside but I'm pretty certain she offers virtual fitting services, too, for skaters who just can't get there. I've always found her really helpful and have sent many skaters her way, who have all been very happy with her advice and services. I suspect that most of the skaters at Dundonald visit her for their skates, too.

The contact information is here:-

Al's Skate Shop

Good luck and happy skating!
Thank you so much! I'll be sure to contact her ❤️