Japan Open - more entries announced | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Japan Open - more entries announced

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
For Zagitova, too! Imagine her being invited right off of her senior debut! Her contributions are pretty phenomenal, too, I reckon.

Yes and congrats to her Japan Open debut last season, and Zagitova is now the reigning OGM! However, the announcement that she was invited this year, along with numerous other deserving competitors, was posted here one month ago. The post immediately following that announcement was very positive towards the skaters, unlike the post following this announcement. Congrats to both of them for being invited to Japan Open :clap:.

Yes and congrats to her Japan Open debut last season, and Zagitova is now the reigning OGM! However, the announcement that she was invited this year, along with numerous other deserving competitors, was posted here one month ago. The post immediately following that announcement was very positive towards the skaters, unlike the post following this announcement. Congrats to both of them for being invited to Japan Open :clap:.

Ah, so

Since this is a new week, as I didn't do so when you first posted this (thanks btw), I will start things off positive by congratulating Carolina on getting invited to her first Japan Open! It must be an honour for her to skate in front of the appreciative Japanese audience. An event that has featured in past years Lambiel, Plushenko, Asada, Takahashi, Suzuki, Rochette, and Buttle, all of whom are great skaters with their unique skill sets, role models, and have made/are still making vast contributions to their sport in both their countries and the World :).

Was made to rectify mistakes. I thought I detected just a subtle hint of something there. Fun.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It is being reported that Carolina Kostner has W/D from Japan Open and Maria Sotskova will be replacing her.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is being reported that Carolina Kostner has w/d from Japan Open and Maria Sotskova will be replacing her.

Hopefully nothing indicative of trouble for Carolina this season but great news for Masha no doubt.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
It is being reported that Carolina Kostner has W/D from Japan Open and Maria Sotskova will be replacing her.

Caro has shown two prospective short programs: 'Back to Black' and 'The Storm.' I don't recall seeing her free program music being announced; probably still needs time to work on it.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great news for Maria indeed, wish it was a SP competition because I love her new SP.

Yes I had the same thoughts but let’s look at this as a chance for her FS to grow on us ;)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think Russian fed, Medvedeva herself, Orser (not Borser) will do their best to not let her compete at the same competition with Zagitova even in the same team. Evgeniya lost 2 big events in a roll. If Zagitova gets into shape early and has somehing like 150 vs. Medvedeva's 135 it will be a strong signal that Zagitova is the unconditional worlds' #1 at the beginning of the season. I am not sure the above-mentioned parties would like it to happen. There is also an emotional aspect of Zhenya and Alina being together again. On the other hand, if Eteri does want "blood" she would welcome this.

I also don't think that Caro would take it even if she is still competing. Her getting into shape might be tricky. She could hardly pull herself together for the free skate even when it mattered most. Now if she has a complete meltdown in Japan judges might finally stop taking her seriously.

This basically means Sotskova or Hendricks. Sotskova looks more rational - GPF podium winner and 200 point skater but there are other aspects like Japan's willingness to win it.

It's funny because right now both Alina and Evgenia might not even podium. The Japanese ladies and Bradie Tennell grab the early poll position it would seem. I am very curious how Carolina is doing; it is great Maria gets a chance.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
... Have you seen Alina’s recents carmen runthrough. Not only was it 100% clean, but she even put the 3Lz + 3Lo in the second half. Her two combos were 3Lz + 3T and 3Lz + 3Lo. That’s some ambition right there.

moriel

Record Breaker
It's funny because right now both Alina and Evgenia might not even podium. The Japanese ladies and Bradie Tennell grab the early poll position it would seem. I am very curious how Carolina is doing; it is great Maria gets a chance.

So far, Alina hold the SP WR and is doing better than Bradie, Rika and Satoko. I cannot see where the "might not even podium" comes from.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I believe Skater Boy is talking about Japan Open only (see thread title) which is FP only. So SP scores are irrelevant.

Still, it was a bold prediction. And was tempered by a "might".

moriel

Record Breaker
I believe Skater Boy is talking about Japan Open only (see thread title) which is FP only. So SP scores are irrelevant.

Still, it was a bold prediction. And was tempered by a "might".

Well, let me update, Alina holds all the WRs now and its funny how someone predicts her not even to podium at JO, which actually does not have that many top ladies.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

As I said earlier in this thread Caro's doing FP in Japan would be to good to be true, hence, I am not surprised at all. But I would rather see Loena.