Junhwan Cha | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

nervosa

On the Ice
I agree. He skated clean in comparison too. But I think being in the first flight put him at a disadvantage.

Still think he should have been second.

Yup... But he will skate in the second group tomorrow, just before Shoma. And this happened at Finlandia: after putting out a clean skate in the SP, his PCS went up from high 7s to low 8s. If Jun skates clean, I think he has a decent chance at the podium.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Just caught up with the competition. Wow, Junhwan did it again. Clean SP in all his competitions so far this season!

breadstal

Record Breaker
First Korean since Yuna Kim to make a GP podium, first Korean male to ever medal at GP event :cheer: Also, he was ninth at this event last season :hopelessness: So proud of him to recover after starting program with a fall, he's having such a great season so far, I want him to keep going and achieve so much more :love:

icetug

Medalist
Congratulations on his first senior GP podium! Beautiful performances, with such a confidence and charm.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Junhwan medals, his first GP and his second medal this season!!! :hap57: I'll be wishing for it as a wonderful omen for great things in the new season....

Im so proud of him! still low on PCS :palmf: and that score on the lutz loop sighs, still he did great
First GP medal in years after Yuna, amazing

nervosa

On the Ice
I'm so happy for Jun ahhhhhhh

Jun is a good skater to be a fan of. When I'm stressed out from being a Zhenya fan I can trust Jun to be good. Because he is good.

But in all seriousness I really think that he will make the GPF this year. He's been relatively consistent, he's not a 'headcase' kind of skater so I think he will continue to deliver and this season will be great.

annemn

Rinkside
First Korean since Yuna Kim to make a GP podium, first Korean male to ever medal at GP event :cheer: Also, he was ninth at this event last season :hopelessness: So proud of him to recover after starting program with a fall, he's having such a great season so far, I want him to keep going and achieve so much more :love:

I love that Brian complimented him on that right off the bat! He didn't let the fall affect the rest of his program - dusted himself off and kept going. He did so well!!! And looked so (very deservedly) happy at the end. :D

Bronze medal!! He should be incredibly proud of his hard work...

Yoa

On the Ice
Junhwan medals, his first GP and his second medal this season!!! :hap57: I'll be wishing for it as a wonderful omen for great things in the new season....

It's his third medal this season :biggrin: Last season he was 9th at Skate Canada and now he has bronze. So proud of him, I hope he will a medal in Helsinki too

ETA: Here's a little bit more of Italian commentators' comments about Yuzu-Jun interactions:
https://twitter.com/anjaheyheyhey/status/1056200770222256128
"Hanyu clearly saw something in him" :biggrin:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's his third medal this season :biggrin: Last season he was 9th at Skate Canada and now he has bronze. So proud of him, I hope he will a medal in Helsinki too

Eeep, I missed one! Even better...

Helsinki is going to be tough, but he's shown today he's up for the fight.