Junhwan Cha | Page 62 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

firal

Record Breaker
I was watching the CBC live stream and guest pair skater Dylan Moscovitch had the most complimentary thing to say! Apparently he worked with Junhwan ( at TCC I believe) before and noted how hard he works and mentioned his improvement at every outing is incredible! He is really excited about Junhwan's future, just like we are here. ;)

Imov

Medalist
I am glad Jun is getting lots of recognition.
I just hope media won't go crazy too soon.
I want him to enjoy his freedom just a bit more.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My cold flared up again so I failed to wake up, so can anyone tell me 1)what did Junhwan do for the gala (There's nothing holding me back, What a wonderful world, or something else) and 2)where can I watch it ?

Imov

Medalist
My cold flared up again so I failed to wake up, so can anyone tell me 1)what did Junhwan do for the gala (There's nothing holding me back, What a wonderful world, or something else) and 2)where can I watch it ?
I second this question

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I’m so proud of and happy for Jun making the podium in his first GPF :yahoo: He not only demonstrated his development in technical elements and artistry, but he also showed impressive competitive mettle and maturity by not getting rattled by that fall on his opening quad. He’s off to a great start for this quad!

gourry

Final Flight
Thank you! Finally was able to watch his LP :yahoo:
I like the CBC commentators but wish they had the facts checked. This is not Junhwan's first senior season(come on, he was right in front of you guys at SC last season! Was last season that forgettable...?) nor is that program choreographed by David Wilson. It's done by Canada's own Shae-Linn!!
Very happy for Junhwan and fingers crossed for his upward trajectory keeps going. Really curious about how well he'll do at the Worlds. It feels like he can be anywhere from 4th to 10th. :laugh:

By the way, I was like :shocked::con3::palmf: when I first watched his R+J program(I loved his Prince SP from the get-go), but now I absolutely love it! lol It's so addictive.:agree: And I like how he keeps adding little choreos here and there as the season goes by.

Oh and I'm a bit confused about the Ina-Bauer part from his SP. At the two early season events he folded both arms during Ina-Bauer, and at the first GP event his arms kinda crashed in the air and only his right arm folded. At that time I thought it was a mistake, but since that competition and on, he keeps doing the same; folding only one arm. I wonder if it is choreographic change. But why? I thought the original version was better.

Kara

Final Flight
https://twitter.com/lynnneposts/status/1072088128326819843

So he's sort of injured again (bruises on his foot and been on painkillers for the past 6 weeks :(). The boot from last year ended up not fitting which I guess solves the mystery of why he changed them after Helsinki despite being so close in time to GPF. It really says a lot about his willpower where he can keep putting out consistent performances despite boot problems and injuries. Can't believe the KSU is making him do all those useless ranking competitions when he's already injured except I can because they're KSU.:palmf:

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
At this point, I am legitimately worried Jun’s career is going to be ended by recurring/never-fully-healed injuries, which is obscene. He’s tremendously talented, but the body has its limits. :( I really hope his medal cache from this season gives him/TCC some weight to throw around to force KSU to give him time to actually recover.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I can't see the tweet, but (bleep) not again :( :( I wish I could believe KSU would give him time to recover fully but it's KSU :palmf: I hate that I'm so helpless at times like these, if only I could actually do something and not just be heartbroken and worried...

Imov

Medalist
Oh dear, I hope Jun gets over his boot problems soon.
After Knats is he gonna have some time off? Or are they gonna throw him into 4CC too?

nervosa

On the Ice
I can't see the tweet, but (bleep) not again :( :( I wish I could believe KSU would give him time to recover fully but it's KSU :palmf: I hate that I'm so helpless at times like these, if only I could actually do something and not just be heartbroken and worried...

:scratch2: 4CC, theoretically Jun's next comp, is in mid-February... So he should (cross your fingers) have a two month gap between competitions... But I feel like it wouldn't really let him heal at all...

:bang:

Please skating gods, let KSU not be stupid. I know it's a difficult thing to ask, but please.

:pray:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
:scratch2: 4CC, theoretically Jun's next comp, is in mid-February... So he should (cross your fingers) have a two month gap between competitions... But I feel like it wouldn't really let him heal at all...

:bang:

Please skating gods, let KSU not be stupid. I know it's a difficult thing to ask, but please.

:pray:

He'd have both the ranking comp and Nationals in between now and 4CCs, wouldn't he?

s_parks

Record Breaker
UGH. There really aren't enough expletives for KSU...give him the ranking comp and nationals exemption. He medalled at GPs and the GPF ffs. This trajectory is exactly how yuna got injured and essentially lost her loop. If the fed even cares about winning(which, one would assume even the worst fed would want), they'll let him rest from the useless ranking comp at least. This is ridiculous.
As a disclaimer, I fully understand why Jun doesn't, but I really wish he and Brian would just put their foot down and say no to this domestic overcompeting. Can you imagine them not letting him compete or cutting funding because he didn't compete in ranking/nationals because of injuries?

What should I expect, they've had a number of big scandals and mismanagement in short track, which korea's had a history of doing well. They're really outdoing france and china for worst fed and that is an accomplishment.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
What should I expect, they've had a number of big scandals and mismanagement in short track, which korea's had a history of doing well. They're really outdoing france and china for worst fed and that is an accomplishment.

I think the Chinese fed is just better at hiding bodies and better at setting the expectations bar deep, deep in the ground. It’s not like any of us think we’ll ever know the truth about what they’re thinking or doing. :noshake:

I would be amazed if Brian and Jun haven’t considered pulling rank to force KSU to back off the domestic comps, but who knows? On the other hand: Canada needs a top man. Run, Jun! Compete for Canada! You only have to sell your soul and any chance of an individual OGM. But do you have any idea how many skating fans would be happy to marry or adopt you for citizenship purposes? (I’m kidding. Lower your pitchforks.)

Though thinking about it, I wonder how much pull Orser even has with KSU. I doubt the Yuna split is a foremost concern, but who the frack knows who or what KSU cares about other than that it’s not their skaters.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I just checked the Winter sports festival archives, Junhwan didn't compete for the last and the one before that, so it seems that it's not mandatory. There's still the f(bleep) ranking cups, but at least two competitions can (hopefully) get crossed off on his schedule...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Sorry, but what ranking competitions does he have to do? Besides, I´d think that with his GP & GPF medals and Challenger medals he would have proved enough for any federation... Does his federation wish to spoil his chances at Four Continents and Worlds???