Junhwan Cha | Page 64 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

seabm7

Final Flight
Let me copy my reply from the other thread:

Junhwan's domestic competitions this season.

* Ranking and National Championships for the 4CC ticket, the World ticket, and the national team memberships next year. These competitions are organized by KSU. The Korean National Championships does not have regional/sectional structure.

* He's doing regional and National Winter Sports Festival for the college entrance portfolio. These competitions are organized by Seoul City Sports Council and Korean Olympic Committee, respectively. This season is the last opportunity for him to add the credit to the portfolio.

GP / GPF are not championships, so his medals here do not matter for his college entrance portfolio.

His domestic competition schedule is,

1) December 16. Seoul regional of National Winter Sports Festival

2) December 23-25. Ranking Competition

3) January 11-13. Korean National

4) February 19-22. National Winter Sports Festival (One week after 4CC)

Imov

Medalist

* Ranking and National Championships for the 4CC ticket, the World ticket, and the national team memberships next year. These competitions are organized by KSU. The Korean National Championships does not have regional/sectional structure.

* He's doing regional and National Winter Sports Festival for the college entrance portfolio. These competitions are organized by Seoul City Sports Council and Korean Olympic Committee, respectively. This season is the last opportunity for him to add the credit to the portfolio.

GP / GPF are not championships, so his medals here do not matter for his college entrance portfolio.

Thanks for this.

I might be in SK by this time: 3) January 11-13. Korean National how do I get tickets? Is there a schedule already posted?

seabm7

Final Flight
Thanks for this.

I might be in SK by this time: 3) January 11-13. Korean National how do I get tickets? Is there a schedule already posted?

Korean Nationals will be either free entrance or a day ticket at ~ $13 USD. After Yuna Kim retired from competition, the number of spectators went down to 500 people.

* So far KSU hasn't changed the date of Korean National. I think it will happen on January 11-13.

* The venue is most likely Mokdong ice rink. (There is a minuscule possibility that KSU would move the venue to Taeneung National Training Center, which has only a couple of hundred seats.) Once Mokdong is confirmed, you do not have to worry about getting a ticket. The venue will not be full.

* KSU will announce the timetable a few days before the competition starts here:

http://www.skating.or.kr/game/notice_list.do?sub_code=3&m_lnb=4&s_lnb=0

Imov

Medalist
Korean Nationals will be either free entrance or a day ticket at ~ $13 USD. After Yuna Kim retired from competition, the number of spectators went down to 500 people.

* So far KSU hasn't changed the date of Korean National. I think it will happen on January 11-13.

* The venue is most likely Mokdong ice rink. (There is a minuscule possibility that KSU would move the venue to Taeneung National Training Center, which has only a couple of hundred seats.) Once Mokdong is confirmed, you do not have to worry about getting a ticket. The venue will not be full.

* KSU will announce the timetable a few days before the competition starts here:

http://www.skating.or.kr/game/notice_list.do?sub_code=3&m_lnb=4&s_lnb=0

Thank you, I have given up on getting world championship tickets. Might as well focus on seeing Jun in South Korea instead.

seabm7

Final Flight
Thank you, I have given up on getting world championship tickets. Might as well focus on seeing Jun in South Korea instead.

I see. If you want to visit South Korea, note that

* Mokdong Ice Rink would be either reasonably cold or extremely cold, depending on weather KSU finds a sponsor who could pay for heating. If I remember correctly, the temperature was not so bad last year.

* The ice rink itself has a small restaurant on the 1st floor. The next block to the Mokdong Sports Complex is a residential area with many food court buildings and department stores.

* The restrooms on the 2nd floor are old. Those on the 1st floor are in a much better shape.

* The nearest subway station, 오목교역/梧木橋驛/Omokgyo Station, is at the residential area, which is 20 minutes from Mokdong Ice Rink on foot.

Imov

Medalist
I see. If you want to visit South Korea, note that

* Mokdong Ice Rink would be either reasonably cold or extremely cold, depending on weather KSU finds a sponsor who could pay for heating. If I remember correctly, the temperature was not so bad last year.

* The ice rink itself has a small restaurant on the 1st floor. The next block to the Mokdong Sports Complex is a residential area with many food court buildings and department stores.

* The restrooms on the 2nd floor are old. Those on the 1st floor are in a much better shape.

* The nearest subway station, 오목교역/梧木橋驛/Omokgyo Station, is at the residential area, which is 20 minutes from Mokdong Ice Rink on foot.

Thank you for all these useful info

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight

aside from the nationals every other competitions doesn't make sense esp. the ranking competition. I mean what is that? isn't ranking from nationals enough to rank the skaters? or does this ranking competition have other purpose?

seabm7

Final Flight
aside from the nationals every other competitions doesn't make sense esp. the ranking competition. I mean what is that? isn't ranking from nationals enough to rank the skaters? or does this ranking competition have other purpose?

As I explained before, two things are going on here.

* KSU does not have regional/sectional structure. Instead they sum the results of Ranking and National to select the national team member. Ranking Competition determines 4CC tickets. National determines the World/Junior World tickets. KSU still keeps the old structure from the time when no Korean skaters participated in the GP circuit.

* The number of college entrance quotas for elite athletes is limited. But there are more than 60 sports, so colleges set guidelines such as

** Are you a national team member?
** Did you do well at World Championships?
** Did you do well at National Championships?
** Did you do well at National Sports Festival? (This festival is considered as a domestic Olympic games)

Imov

Medalist
In short baby Jun is not doing this for world rankings, this is to secure the University he will be studying in South Korea for his other future plans.
South Korea and Japan have a very competitive university qualification process if I remember correctly.
So I wish baby Jun the best and hopefully I can cheer him on Jan 13 :pray:

seabm7

Final Flight
I went to Ranking competition today. The number of audience was increased to nearly one thousand during Men's SP. Maybe more will come tomorrow.