Kaitlin Nguyen's scores | Golden Skate

Kaitlin Nguyen's scores

scoty

Rinkside
Thought she was underscored at PC sectionals, way underscored in the short program, and brutally underscored just now. She should absolutely be in 1st after two groups!!!! I get that she has some polishing to do, but that program should have broken 100 - I think it should have been closer to 110.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thought she was underscored at PC sectionals, way underscored in the short program, and brutally underscored just now. She should absolutely be in 1st after two groups!!!! I get that she has some polishing to do, but that program should have broken 100 - I think it should have been closer to 110.

Wow, she could challenge the top Men with their quads galore then. Wait, she would already beat them all when her PCS are similarly factored as the Men's. Amazing girl!

eta. You talkin' about her LP?

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Well, Nguyen was so far in this season preferred by USFSA even over Andrews, and did not deliver. Now the situation has changed: not only Andrews, but also Cui, Hong, Ma and Harrell are all preferred over Nguyen by USFSA (see the nomination for JW).

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
I don't think they hate her. She even won junior nationals. She is going through what looks like a huge growth spurt in terms of her height. I can't believe how much she's grown in such short time. Did you notice that she didnt' even attempt a triple triple? Her other jumps look solid, except she keeps underrotating her 3toe in the axel combo. Another thing I think that really hurt her were her music choice. I mean look at Starr Andrews, showcasing her LP to A Moment in Time by Whitney Houston, an inspirational piece to debut at the olympics. Whoever thought that she should debut Alice in Wonderland theme for her senior debut should be fired. For me, the music is what I call juniorish. I know she's only 13 but if you compare her to Alysia Liu, who only turned 12 last August, Alysa feels her music and just exhibits personality out there. Also, she lacks strength it seems in her skating. But judging by her short program, I think she's capable of skating to more powerfully deep music.

I didnt see her coach Dinev by her side at the Kiss and cry, did she leave him, change coaches again? It was a woman this time by her side. I'm rooting for her, but I haven't enjoyed any of her programs or music choices ever since she turned junior. I think she should change coaches again. I also hope she can adjust fast to her dramatic growth spurt and learn to skater with more power.

dalenofff

Rinkside
Well, Nguyen was so far in this season preferred by USFSA even over Andrews, and did not deliver. Now the situation has changed: not only Andrews, but also Cui, Hong, Ma and Harrell are all preferred over Nguyen by USFSA (see the nomination for JW).

To be fair, she skate well but the Russian gals were unreal not to mention the Japanese...:eeking:

bx11

Rinkside
I don't think they hate her. She even won junior nationals. She is going through what looks like a huge growth spurt in terms of her height. I can't believe how much she's grown in such short time. Did you notice that she didnt' even attempt a triple triple? Her other jumps look solid, except she keeps underrotating her 3toe in the axel combo. Another thing I think that really hurt her were her music choice. I mean look at Starr Andrews, showcasing her LP to A Moment in Time by Whitney Houston, an inspirational piece to debut at the olympics. Whoever thought that she should debut Alice in Wonderland theme for her senior debut should be fired. For me, the music is what I call juniorish. I know she's only 13 but if you compare her to Alysia Liu, who only turned 12 last August, Alysa feels her music and just exhibits personality out there. Also, she lacks strength it seems in her skating. But judging by her short program, I think she's capable of skating to more powerfully deep music.

I didnt see her coach Dinev by her side at the Kiss and cry, did she leave him, change coaches again? It was a woman this time by her side. I'm rooting for her, but I haven't enjoyed any of her programs or music choices ever since she turned junior. I think she should change coaches again. I also hope she can adjust fast to her dramatic growth spurt and learn to skater with more power.

Her current coach is Tiffany Chin (former US champion and world medallist).

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Her current coach is Tiffany Chin (former US champion and world medallist).

thank you for this info. I've never heard of tiffany chin, I was too young to watch her skate at that time. but i found this video....her coach was Sasha Cohen's coach, John Nicks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5W5EQqXBMU

I hope Tiffany can give Kaitlyn better music. I think she's capable of skating to far more sophisticated music. I really hope she adjusts well to her growth, better now than later. I think she will recover her triple triples with time. But she also needs some strength conditioning, she looks too frail out there..