Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Well, I guess I just wanted to share this. My 8 year old daughter who has been taking ballet for the last 2 years is just now starting to watch ice dance with me. She of course knows nothing about ice dance, but since she does ballet I thought it would be interesting for her to rate the top couples for the SD.

This is her ranking (disclaimer: I don't agree with her on a number of things). I thought the WP fan thread would appreciate it though :)

1. Weaver/Poje
2. Shibutanis
3. Capellini/Lanotte
4. Sinitsina/Katsalapov
5. Stepanova/Bukin
6. Bobrova/Soloviev
7. Chock/Bates
8. Hubbell/Donahue
9. Gilles/Poirier
10. Ilinykh/Zhiganshin

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
what a warm piece:luv17:

everyone calls her Katyusha:laugh:
she's a sweetie

firal

Record Breaker
Looking forward to their performance at GPF; have always been a fan but so far haven't really feel their programs this year yet. Hoping they can prove me wrong!

robredo40

On the Ice
It not about feelings its about program difficulty, none of the other teams have their difficulty or edges, and their fd is brilliant if they skate well they should win.

MIM

Medalist
I am a big fan of Weaver and Poje. I am a minority of liking their four seasons, too.
The FP is very powerful. I cannot explain, but their presence on the ice struck me. They make the ice link look small for them. They are regal!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am a big fan of Weaver and Poje. I am a minority of liking their four seasons, too.
The FP is very powerful. I cannot explain, but their presence on the ice struck me. They make the ice link look small for them. They are regal!

You're certainly not in the minority I feel liking Four Seasons FD last year - it was that kind of program which gel and become more appreciated with each outing I think. At the beginning I was also very sceptical but the I fell in love with it. Or more in way they could present it on the ice.

About their regal presence - I totally agree, they are a striking pair on ice, very expressive, but not too much or in an overwhelming way. And don't get me started on Andrew's abilities for presenting Kaitlyn and himself...And in their SD this season they look like royals born - the costumes are fabulous, for me the best this season

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I liked their Four Seasons FD last year instantly & I can't say that about this season FD, but I'm warming up to it. Their new costumes are to die for! Congrats for winning second GPF title in a row :clap:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Just to let you know that Denis is on Periscope NOW in a car with Weaver, Joubert and Trankov.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1mrxmXpkyzNJy

Edit: Forget it. It finished when I was typing.

Edit 2: It's actually been archived. (This is my first time watching Periscope, so it's all new to me!)

Edit 3: It wasn't Trankov. It did look like him in the brief LIVE shot I saw towards the end. But when I saw the start and Denis was introducing everybody, we got a longer shot and it looked nothing like Max! :drama: :eek:: :slink:

CaroLiza_fan
Well, it was Andrew.
Look like Kaitlyn, Andrew & Brian enjoyed Periscope experience :biggrin:
https://www.instagram.com/p/_ZTavljK0y/?taken-by=ka2sh
https://www.instagram.com/p/_YhTNkL9uz/?taken-by=apoje
It also resulted in Kaitlyn getting herself one: https://twitter.com/WeaverPoje/status/677431821894680576 :)

GF2445

Record Breaker
TSL gave some subtle shade to Kaitlyn and Andrew in their most recent This and That.
They need to show us, and them, that they are world champion material.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I feel like I need to hide here from the mean ppl who want to bury WP & hail VM return:sad4::tantrum::ghug:

I still believe in them & obv they wont make such mistakes @Worlds

tulosai

Record Breaker
I feel like I need to hide here from the mean ppl who want to bury WP & hail VM return:sad4::tantrum::ghug:

I still believe in them & obv they wont make such mistakes @Worlds

Yeah I rarely come here because to be honest I don't think I like these two enough in general to be called a real fan of them, but I think everyone who is basically saying now they are doomed and need to give up is both mean and slightly deluded. Weaver and Poje, while perhaps not doing quite as well as some people hoped when V/M retired, are currently at the peak of their career. They have won 2 GPF's in a row, get huge PCS and GOE from the judges, and have all the tools needed to succeed. I hope that V/M's return motivates them and that they come out stronger than ever next year, which I really believe they can. Best of luck to them :cheer:

Marta25

Medalist
I also think V/M`s return will only fuel them even more. You can love them or not, but these two are fighters and won`t give up so easily. I think Ice Dance is looking awesome for the Canadians, with V/M returning they will have two teams who could potentially medal at the next Olympics. This should be a first for Canada. But making that Oly team will be really, really tough now for teams like G/P, P/I, P/O and O/H.