Kaori Sakamoto | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Kaori Sakamoto

liv

Record Breaker
That program was on fire until the pop... and then kept going anyway. Too bad about that, I was convinced she had it until that point. Still, it was a great effort and her PCS marks were higher too. She probably has big regret for that mistake, but this is something to build on for next year.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Just want to say that Kaori was my favorite skater to watch this season. Her programs have blossomed and so has she as a skater. I was really pulling for her to win here, and not seeing her on the podium is a bitter pill to swallow, but she has so much to be proud of this season. Getting the highest SS mark of the night and some of the highest overall PCS is encouraging. And she will always be this season’s National Champion. It’s only up from here.

firal

Record Breaker
I enjoyed both of Kaori's programs out of all the ladies; basically crying through them. CBC's Carol Lane has such nice praises regarding Kaori's skating which was nice to hear.

Dashw

Rinkside
Kaori's music for SP was perfect for her. She interprets music beautifully,every jump done beautifully and I'm really looking forward to watching her growth next season.

Dashw

Rinkside
Just want to say that Kaori was my favorite skater to watch this season. Her programs have blossomed and so has she as a skater. I was really pulling for her to win here, and not seeing her on the podium is a bitter pill to swallow, but she has so much to be proud of this season. Getting the highest SS mark of the night and some of the highest overall PCS is encouraging. And she will always be this season’s National Champion. It’s only up from here.
I agree,she has a special presence on the ice, I look forward to see her growth next season. She had such great PCS scores. I understand a medal is whst all skaters strive for,but Kaori has a lot to feel proud about. Gorgeous artistry, big correct jumps and a wonderful connection with music. I had tears in my eyes watching her skate.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
In view of Kaori's tomorrow's birthday I've updated her OP. I've added the results table, programs and as many videos as I could find. Enjoy :)

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Happy birthday to dear Kao-chan and I hope she conquers her next season with grandeur and ferocity! :dance: No, I'm still not mad/sad over Worlds, not at all... :no:

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Kaori was lovely today, even if it wasn't completely perfect.
And it was amazing that she was able to make up the 3T on a 2A with such a difficult entrance!

Alifyre

On the Ice
SO excited to see that Kaori will be working with Shae-Lynn Bourne for her short next season! I really hope they give her something a little more energetic, I'd love to see her sunshiney personality on the ice.

Shedi0806

On the Ice
Finally had some time to really think and reflect on the past season. Kaori has been a breakout star for me from the moment I saw her FS in person at Helsinki. I just cried every time she skated that program. So excited to see Shae-Lynn Bourne working with her next season.