Kazuki Tomono | Page 230 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

Figskater23

Final Flight
Do you think Kazuki will still greet fans and get pictures with them if they attend ice shows he is in years to come? I didn’t notice any fan pictures from Kassouya.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Do you think Kazuki will still greet fans and get pictures with them if they attend ice shows he is in years to come? I didn’t notice any fan pictures from Kassouya.
It may be specific to Kassouya model, where skaters have three shows every day, so they have to go and drink and have a special meal just after the show, to avoid injuries? I wouldn't imagine Kazuki Tomono avoiding photos with fans without a stringent reason!

KiraraChin

Medalist
The more competitions he does the higher his standing. I think he can get higher than 5th. He could be in the top 3.
It really depends, because championship assignments get you more points, and also JSF isn't too generous when it comes to Challenger assignments... But we shall see.

I think if there's a meet and greet in the future, he will do it!

Meanwhile, Mainichi announced the long interview he gave earlier this year (with his feelings post-Nats) will be published in print tomorrow

Figskater23

Final Flight
Hey does anyone remember the short video on the Kassouya Instagram where it was black and white, all skaters were in a circle and put their hands out to do the cheer? It was backstage. It was on the 24 hour thing with Instagram. I can’t find it anywhere 😭 usually stuff like that is saved.

rabidline

Final Flight
Kazuki has been added to the Guest Skater cast of Stars on Ice 2024 in Osaka (March 30-31) and Yokohama (April 5-7).

*Regular Skaters: Ilia Malinin, Junhwan Cha, Keegan Messing, Satoko Miyahara, Loena Hendrickx, Isabeau Levito, Madison Chock and Evan Bates, Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier, Deanna Stellato and Maxime Deschamps.

*Guest Skaters: Shoma Uno, Kao Miura, Kazuki Tomono (NEW), Kaori Sakamoto, Mone Chiba, Hana Yoshida, Mao Shimada, Rena Uezono, Riku Miura and Ryuichi Kihara.

*) They explained this year that Regular skaters are skaters who will be the core part of SOI group numbers, and there will be skaters who are "Guest" who will not be that extensively involved with the group numbers, if at all.

Edited to Add: Kazuki has also been added to one of the main performers of HYOEN 2024! It will be in Yokohama from June 8 - 11.

Last edited:

Figskater23

Final Flight
Kazuki has been added to the Guest Skater cast of Stars on Ice 2024 in Osaka (March 30-31) and Yokohama (April 5-7).

*Regular Skaters: Ilia Malinin, Junhwan Cha, Keegan Messing, Satoko Miyahara, Loena Hendrickx, Isabeau Levito, Madison Chock and Evan Bates, Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier, Deanna Stellato and Maxime Deschamps.

*Guest Skaters: Shoma Uno, Kao Miura, Kazuki Tomono (NEW), Kaori Sakamoto, Mone Chiba, Hana Yoshida, Mao Shimada, Rena Uezono, Riku Miura and Ryuichi Kihara.

*) They explained this year that Regular skaters are skaters who will be the core part of SOI group numbers, and there will be skaters who are "Guest" who will not be that extensively involved with the group numbers, if at all.

Edited to Add: Kazuki has also been added to one of the main performers of HYOEN 2024! It will be in Yokohama from June 8 - 11.

YAHOO! 🙌🏻 I said recently that maybe Kazuki would be in Hyoen in the future and now he is! I so called it. Oh I hope it’ll air on YouTube. Then we can all see it!

KiraraChin

Medalist
Yay! I'm honestly surprised about SOI since they normally only invite Japanese skaters who won big medals in the previous season (such as Nats, GPF etc)

Not surprised at all about Hyoen lol but still, it should be a really good experience for him! I heard it involves singing!?

In any case, it seems that he won't be in the first leg of FaOI with Sota, as the dates overlap with Hyoen's rehearsals 🤔

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Not surprised at all about Hyoen lol but still, it should be a really good experience for him! I heard it involves singing!?

I’m not surprised either. And, as predicted, Kosho Oshima was also casted. (As well as Koshiro Shimada, Kiki Nakanishi, Yuto Kishina, Kazuki Kushida and Haruya Sasaki, so including Dai and Kana, nine members of the Kassouya family will be reunited! 🥰)

It’s a musical, sort of like the 2019 production (the 2021 production, which had elements of a Takarazuka revue on ice, had sung passages too), so there will definitely be singing! ;) I don’t expect the skaters, apart from Dai (and maybe Shizuka), having to sing more than chorus parts, though, so they should be fine. Most of the serious singing will probably be done by the professionals (folk-pop duo “Yuzu”, Ryunosuke Onoda, Masahiro Ehara, Kai Hasegawa, Elianna and Marie).

KiraraChin

Medalist
I’m not surprised either. And, as predicted, Kosho Oshima was also casted. (As well as Koshiro Shimada, Kiki Nakanishi, Yuto Kishina, Kazuki Kushida and Haruya Sasaki, so including Dai and Kana, nine members of the Kassouya family will be reunited! 🥰)

It’s a musical, sort of like the 2019 production (the 2021 production, which had elements of a Takarazuka revue on ice, had sung passages too), so there will definitely be singing! ;) I don’t expect the skaters, apart from Dai (and maybe Shizuka), having to sing more than chorus parts, though, so they should be fine. Most of the serious singing will probably be done by the professionals (folk-pop duo “Yuzu”, Ryunosuke Onoda, Masahiro Ehara, Kai Hasegawa, Elianna and Marie).
Thank you for the info! I'm so glad that at least part of the Kassouya cast will be reunited, it seems Dai-chan really found his skating family 🥰

Do you happen to know if there is usually a broadcast? I'd love to see some videos! I bet the costumes will be gooooorgeous too, so hoping for some high-quality pictures!

Figskater23

Final Flight
Thank you for the info! I'm so glad that at least part of the Kassouya cast will be reunited, it seems Dai-chan really found his skating family 🥰

Do you happen to know if there is usually a broadcast? I'd love to see some videos! I bet the costumes will be gooooorgeous too, so hoping for some high-quality pictures!
Oh I’m sure they will have high quality photos. They did for the 2019 show which were absolutely stunning! The 2017 and 2019 I found on YouTube. I was surprised because both versions are completely different. I thought it was the same story. I only discovered both versions about a year ago.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany

Oh I’m sure they will have high quality photos. They did for the 2019 show which were absolutely stunning! The 2017 and 2019 I found on YouTube. I was surprised because both versions are completely different. I thought it was the same story. I only discovered both versions about a year ago.

I linked the subtitled video of the 2019 production "Like the Moonlight", which was a musical/play loosely based on Japan's (or arguably even the world's) oldest novel "The tale of Genji", in my post above. :)

Here's the link to the 2017 production "Basara", a fusion of traditional kabuki theatre and figure skating:

These are excerpts of 2021's "Luxe" (which was promoted as a Hyoen spin-off, since they didn't have the opportunity to realise a full production due to it happening during the height of the corona pandemic):

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x81d4zg
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x81d5ha
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x81d5jt

The past three Hyoen productions were broadcasted on BS Nittele and/or Nitteleplus, both subsidiaries of NTV (first live and then again delayed with different camera angles). For this year's production, based on Kenji Miyazawa's fantasy novel "Night on the Galactic Railroad", NTV is listed as one of the organisers again, so it looks like they obtained the broadcasting rights this time too.

Hyoen 2019 and 2021 were also shown in cinemas across Japan.

Last edited:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Another tidbit from the Kyoto Figure Skating Festival: It seems that fans were allowed to enter the venue earlier, and saw part of the finale rehearsal. They said Kazuki had a microphone and was guiding everyone, exactly like Dai-chan at Kassouya 🥹

They also said the Kyoto Figure Skating federation asked Kazuki to invite someone, and he invited Sota because he wanted to hang out with him. It's really cute friendship-wise but also it's amazing that the Kyoto figure skating federation puts so much trust in him, especially considering he competes/belongs to Osaka!

There is also an article about Kazuki at the festival: https://mainichi.jp/articles/20240310/spp/000/004/006000c

DeepL translation:

Kazuki Tomono's Goal for Next Season: "Medal at World Championships" Beyond that, "Looking Ahead to the Olympics in Two Years..."

Kyoto Figure Skating Festival was held at Kyoto Aquarena on August 9, and Kazuki Tomono (Uenoshiba Skating Club) was the headliner.

After dancing this season's free skate "Halston," he performed last season's SP "Happy Jazz" as an encore. The two songs with different tempo fascinated the audience.

At the All-Japan Championships at the end of last year, he finished only 6th, and missed the World Championships for the third consecutive season. However, in the last half of the All-Japan FS, he completed his own performance with almost no mistakes by anyone.

"It showed once again the high level of the Japanese men's team, and I think it was the highest level I have ever experienced. I was happy to have performed so well in that competition. However, I think my mistakes in SP affected my performance, so I would like to improve my overall performance more and more."

Tomono talked about the importance of having SP and Free Skate together. As for specific challenges, he said, "I think it is my jumps. While he is considering learning new quadruple, he will focus on perfecting his toeloop and Salchow first.

While he has not yet decided on his programs for next season, including whether he will repeat any or not, he has set his sights on "representing his country at the World Championships, and winning more medals. Beyond that, he has his sights set on a bigger stage.

"I hope to be able to do full duty next season, with an eye on the Olympics in two years' time, and I hope to finish the year on a high note."

While confronting himself, he aims for even greater things to come.