Kazuki Tomono | Page 231 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

KiraraChin

Medalist

"Since I have some time before the World Championships, I thought I would upload a few photos from the Kyoto Festival. Tomono, you did a great job with your choreography and performance, Halston was wonderful, but these photos don't do justice to the charm of the performance. I guess the program looks better in a darkened room with spotlights. So I added an encore."

Figskater23

Final Flight

"Since I have some time before the World Championships, I thought I would upload a few photos from the Kyoto Festival. Tomono, you did a great job with your choreography and performance, Halston was wonderful, but these photos don't do justice to the charm of the performance. I guess the program looks better in a darkened room with spotlights. So I added an encore."

Halston makes me almost cry because it’s so beautiful. So it’s technically the off season for Tomono Kazuki now isn’t it? What is his schedule again with all these ice shows? I can’t keep up with all the updates all at once. I wonder if he’ll have time to come to America for a week or two like he usually does.

Figskater23

Final Flight
Just so I get all the facts right, what are all of Tomono Kazuki’s biggest accomplishments as a senior skater? I am working on a project featuring him.

KiraraChin

Medalist
Kyoto Shimbun published a big interview with Kazuki, sadly behind a paywall but he once again confirms he wants to go to the Olympics. The interview was published in print as well, with colour pictures from the Kyoto Figure Skating Festival

Halston makes me almost cry because it’s so beautiful. So it’s technically the off season for Tomono Kazuki now isn’t it? What is his schedule again with all these ice shows? I can’t keep up with all the updates all at once. I wonder if he’ll have time to come to America for a week or two like he usually does.
Yes, he's now in the off-season. As for his schedule, so far he has SOI in late March/early April and Hyoen in early June, but there might be more announcements. Hopefully it won't be as hectic as last off-season, though, he needs time to train and prepare.

Just so I get all the facts right, what are all of Tomono Kazuki’s biggest accomplishments as a senior skater? I am working on a project featuring him.
This thread's OP and his Wiki page would be a good place to start your research! Good luck with your project!

kwanette

Final Flight
Announcement of the event that has been warmed up! One month later, on April 14th (Sunday), we will be holding an event at Fenice Sakai in Sakai City, where Mr. Tomono and I are from .(.I did a copy and paste and a translate from twitter.)
👏
We apologize for the sudden notice, but thank you for your understanding
🙇
Details will be announced next week. Announcing!

KiraraChin

Medalist
Announcement of the event that has been warmed up! One month later, on April 14th (Sunday), we will be holding an event at Fenice Sakai in Sakai City, where Mr. Tomono and I are from .(.I did a copy and paste and a translate from twitter.) We apologize for the sudden notice, but thank you for your understanding Details will be announced next week. Announcing!
Thanks, here's the announcement:

I'm looking forward to more info and hopefully we will have some pictures, too!

Figskater23

Final Flight

KiraraChin

Medalist
I wonder what Sakai City is like?
From what I read, it seems to be a fascinating place! From Wikipedia: Sakai (Japanese: 堺市, Hepburn: Sakai-shi) is a city located in Osaka Prefecture, Japan. It has been one of the largest and most important seaports of Japan since the medieval era. Sakai is known for its kofun, keyhole-shaped burial mounds dating from the fifth century. The kofun in Sakai include the largest grave in the world by area, Daisen Kofun. Once known for swords, Sakai is now famous for the quality of its cutlery. As of 1 January 2022, the city had an estimated population of 819,965,[2] making it the fourteenth most populous city in Japan (excluding Tokyo).

So, Sakai is famous for its metal forging, and also it's one of the birthplaces of the traditional Japanese tea ceremony. Thus, both of Kazuki's Sakai sponsors are related to these industries: iron ore business Senshu Koki, and HD Flower Holdings (flower arrangements are a must for traditional tea ceremonies). Isn't it cool?

new article..
Thank you for sharing, this was one of my favourite Sauna Bro's articles so far! I thought it was cute when he said he was jealous of the couple together at the sauna, and he hopes one day when he marries he will be able to enjoy the sauna with his spouse. I think he is really a romantic at heart ☺️ I can't help but hope he will find this special person who deserves him, I remember a few years ago he said on a IG live that he would love to have a girlfriend, but girls tend to think of him as friend material rather than boyfriend material lol

Figskater23

Final Flight
From what I read, it seems to be a fascinating place! From Wikipedia: Sakai (Japanese: 堺市, Hepburn: Sakai-shi) is a city located in Osaka Prefecture, Japan. It has been one of the largest and most important seaports of Japan since the medieval era. Sakai is known for its kofun, keyhole-shaped burial mounds dating from the fifth century. The kofun in Sakai include the largest grave in the world by area, Daisen Kofun. Once known for swords, Sakai is now famous for the quality of its cutlery. As of 1 January 2022, the city had an estimated population of 819,965,[2] making it the fourteenth most populous city in Japan (excluding Tokyo).

So, Sakai is famous for its metal forging, and also it's one of the birthplaces of the traditional Japanese tea ceremony. Thus, both of Kazuki's Sakai sponsors are related to these industries: iron ore business Senshu Koki, and HD Flower Holdings (flower arrangements are a must for traditional tea ceremonies). Isn't it cool?

Thank you for sharing, this was one of my favourite Sauna Bro's articles so far! I thought it was cute when he said he was jealous of the couple together at the sauna, and he hopes one day when he marries he will be able to enjoy the sauna with his spouse. I think he is really a romantic at heart ☺️ I can't help but hope he will find this special person who deserves him, I remember a few years ago he said on a IG live that he would love to have a girlfriend, but girls tend to think of him as friend material rather than boyfriend material lol
I would gladly be his girlfriend. I think Tomono Kazuki the most attractive man I’ve ever seen both in appearance but most importantly in the soul. It’s too bad I don’t live in Japan currently, but I would like to in a few years for my career. No need for him to rush romance right now, but to just keep enjoying life. I’ve been told that finding who you want to spend the rest of your life with is the hardest decision to make.

Figskater23

Final Flight

That is also very cool indeed about Sakai City. It’s a big city but also more quiet compared to the bigger cities in Japan. I bet it’s amazing there.

KiraraChin

Medalist
Yesterday, non-no announced they were selling the remaining Kazuki calendars, from orders that for some reason had been cancelled:

Less than 3 hours later, they announced that the calendar had sold out ☺️

Meanwhile, Kazuki's latest Mainichi article was published on today's morning newspaper:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Kazuki will be at Fantasy on Ice again this year! 🙌 He will be skating in the last two cities of the tour, Kobe and Shizuoka - it'll be a tough schedule, with the Kobe dates just a few days after Hyoen. Also, it's a shame that neither Sota nor Yuzuru are scheduled for those dates! But he'll still have fun with Keiji and Junhwan Cha.

I'm happy! I was afraid he wouldn't be invited to many shows after the Nats results, but I was wrong... That's a relief, I know how much he enjoys shows and also he needs 💰

Meanwhile, HD Flower Holdings released more info about the event in Sakai:

DeepL translation:
■ Date and time.
Sunday 14 April 2024
Doors open 12:30~.
Event starts 13:00~.
The event is scheduled to last about two hours.
■Place
Fenice Sakai Large Studio
2-1-1 Oubashi-machi, Sakai-ku, Sakai-shi, Sakai 590-0061
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Kazuki Tomono and Sakai's Ohanashi
We are pleased to welcome Mr. Tomono as our guest of honour!
We will have a workshop using "flowers", which is the business of HD Flower Holdings, and a Sakai Jimo Talk by Tomono! There will be a corner to answer your questions, a raffle, tea time and more!
This is an event full of local feeling in Sakai, the origin of Kazuki Tomono, the entertainer of Naniwa!
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Following the example of Tomono's tasteful flower selection, visitors will be able to make their own unique flower bottles!
You will be challenged to create your own!
-Sales period-.
Friday 22 March 2024, 12:00 -
Admission ticket 5,000 yen (incl. tax and postage)
ㅤㅤㅤ

The venue looks very posh! According to their website, the main studio has capacity for 220 people: https://www.fenice-sacay.jp/en/about/facility/main-studio/

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Kazuki will be at Fantasy on Ice again this year! 🙌 He will be skating in the last two cities of the tour, Kobe and Shizuoka - it'll be a tough schedule, with the Kobe dates just a few days after Hyoen. Also, it's a shame that neither Sota nor Yuzuru are scheduled for those dates! But he'll still have fun with Keiji and Junhwan Cha.

I'm happy! I was afraid he wouldn't be invited to many shows after the Nats results, but I was wrong... That's a relief, I know how much he enjoys shows and also he needs 💰

Meanwhile, HD Flower Holdings released more info about the event in Sakai:

DeepL translation:
■ Date and time.
Sunday 14 April 2024
Doors open 12:30~.
Event starts 13:00~.
The event is scheduled to last about two hours.
■Place
Fenice Sakai Large Studio
2-1-1 Oubashi-machi, Sakai-ku, Sakai-shi, Sakai 590-0061
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Kazuki Tomono and Sakai's Ohanashi
We are pleased to welcome Mr. Tomono as our guest of honour!
We will have a workshop using "flowers", which is the business of HD Flower Holdings, and a Sakai Jimo Talk by Tomono! There will be a corner to answer your questions, a raffle, tea time and more!
This is an event full of local feeling in Sakai, the origin of Kazuki Tomono, the entertainer of Naniwa!
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Following the example of Tomono's tasteful flower selection, visitors will be able to make their own unique flower bottles!
You will be challenged to create your own!
-Sales period-.
Friday 22 March 2024, 12:00 -
Admission ticket 5,000 yen (incl. tax and postage)
ㅤㅤㅤ

The venue looks very posh! According to their website, the main studio has capacity for 220 people: https://www.fenice-sacay.jp/en/about/facility/main-studio/

I find it remarkable that this tour B will have only (single: I don't really know Ice Dance) exceptional skaters, both in quality of skating and in performance, although I'm sorry that they invited so few women (and one man may be out of shape). There's no TV announced, yet I really hope that there will be some cameras to record it.

KiraraChin

Medalist
I find it remarkable that this tour B will have only (single: I don't really know Ice Dance) exceptional skaters, both in quality of skating and in performance, although I'm sorry that they invited so few women (and one man may be out of shape). There's no TV announced, yet I really hope that there will be some cameras to record it.
I agree, the FaOI B tour has an excellent cast! Not only Kazuki, but Kenji, Junhwan, Deniss, Stephane, Nobu, Kaori, Mai, Yuna Aoki... All of them are excellent performers. I also hope for a broadcast... As for the lack of women, I remember it being a complaint in last year too :confused:

Meanwhile, yesterday was the birthday of one of Kazuki's coaches, Yukako Sugita!