Kazuki Tomono | Page 233 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

KiraraChin

Medalist
non-no IG story from yesterday:

Such a cute illustration by Paoz! She said she got the description of his house from non-no mixed up with 'working man' Kazuki from Daiichi Group lol

Meanwhile, fans are disappointed because it seems Kazuki is not doing PIW this year. I wonder if he learned his lesson from last off-season and decided to NOT do every show under the sun so he can have proper time to work on the choreography and train...

Figskater23

Final Flight
non-no IG story from yesterday:

Such a cute illustration by Paoz! She said she got the description of his house from non-no mixed up with 'working man' Kazuki from Daiichi Group lol

Meanwhile, fans are disappointed because it seems Kazuki is not doing PIW this year. I wonder if he learned his lesson from last off-season and decided to NOT do every show under the sun so he can have proper time to work on the choreography and train...

I can see why fans are disappointed, but there is only so many ice shows you can do when you are skating at the level he is at. I’ve been told that to continue to be in top form at that level you need to train daily in some way. Maybe Kazuki doesn’t skate every day, but in order to keep all that he has he’ll need all the training he can make available.

Figskater23

Final Flight
Do you suppose somehow the media or something in Japan would create a way for international fans to leave comments and/or ask Kazuki a question when things get published about him?

KiraraChin

Medalist
Oh boy 😞 so unfair that international fans can’t take part in a lot of the fun when new stuff with Kazuki comes out. Hope we can continue to get more items of him in the future like his calendar.
...and here's more fun that we're missing out: Kazuki will have a regular radio show! 📻🎉

I don't know if you guys remember, but just after Nats Kazuki was a guest in SBC's radio Mixxxxxx+ afternoon programme. So now, he'll have a monthly 'corner' called Smile+, which will air every month on the first Tuesday of the month at 3:15pm. The first episode airs tomorrow!

From what I understand, the radio is based in Nagano so people in the Nagano Prefecture can listen to it for free, but it will be also available through a platform called Radiko but it's paid? As usual, Radiko is not available outside Japan... I guess one could try using a VPN, although if you don't understand Japanese, it's probably no use...

It seems this is an initiative by Daiichi Juken Group, they are awesome! They published this cute pic too:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Another tidbit from the Kyoto Figure Skating Festival: It seems that fans were allowed to enter the venue earlier, and saw part of the finale rehearsal. They said Kazuki had a microphone and was guiding everyone, exactly like Dai-chan at Kassouya 🥹

I uploaded Kazuki's segment from yesterday's broadcast, including his "Halston" performance, an interview and footage of him working with / guiding the skaters with a microphone, as described above 🥰:

Finale:

Figskater23

Final Flight
...and here's more fun that we're missing out: Kazuki will have a regular radio show! 📻🎉

I don't know if you guys remember, but just after Nats Kazuki was a guest in SBC's radio Mixxxxxx+ afternoon programme. So now, he'll have a monthly 'corner' called Smile+, which will air every month on the first Tuesday of the month at 3:15pm. The first episode airs tomorrow!

From what I understand, the radio is based in Nagano so people in the Nagano Prefecture can listen to it for free, but it will be also available through a platform called Radiko but it's paid? As usual, Radiko is not available outside Japan... I guess one could try using a VPN, although if you don't understand Japanese, it's probably no use...

It seems this is an initiative by Daiichi Juken Group, they are awesome! They published this cute pic too:

Doesn’t someone who gives all this fun of Kazuki know how much international fans love and respect him? How can it be made known more to him if we aren’t given a chance to say and show it with more opportunities? 😭

Oh I think I remember that. I think it was the article I had a Japanese friend translate and it wasn’t completely accurate until someone else gave the correct translation. So he has to travel to Nagano once a month to do this? Or maybe he is able to record in Osaka and send it to them there? Nagano to Osaka is about a 6 hour drive by car and 4 and a half hours by train. That’s a really long commute assuming Kazuki is still living in Osaka because he loves Osaka so much and it is where he trains. That’s great though that he is given another opportunity.

So wait to list all his opportunities outside of skating. He works with three article companies: Nonno, Mainchi and SaunaBros. He did (is he still?) NowVoice? Now he has Smile+ He is an ambassador (is that the right word?) for Daiichi Juken Group, Colantotte, and that flower company? Modeled for Spur. Did I miss anything else? What a busy man!

KiraraChin

Medalist
I uploaded Kazuki's segment from yesterday's broadcast, including his "Halston" performance, an interview and footage of him working with / guiding the skaters with a microphone, as described above 🥰:

Finale:

OMG thank you so much, you're an angel 🤩
Pretty amazing to see Kazuki with the microphone directing everyone, and skaters from all ages too! His experience at Kassouya really shows in this occasion, it's pretty cool. As for Halston, beautiful as ever 🥹

So wait to list all his opportunities outside of skating. He works with three article companies: Nonno, Mainchi and SaunaBros. He did (is he still?) NowVoice? Now he has Smile+ He is an ambassador (is that the right word?) for Daiichi Juken Group, Colantotte, and that flower company? Modeled for Spur. Did I miss anything else? What a busy man!
You're pretty spot on, although he doesn't do NowVoice anymore (the service was terminated), so I guess this radio show replaces NowVoice. He's also an ambassador for Shenshu Koki, a metal company based in Sakai.

As for his radio show, it seems he is doing remotely from Osaka, which is great. Fans weren't sure if it was live or not... But everyone praised the way he spoke, and he included the song 'Do it' (from the Kassouya show) as a special song to him 🥰 He confirmed his next radio appearance will be on 7 May, just a week before his birthday.

Meanwhile, a new Mainichi article will be published later today:

Phew! 😆

Last edited:

kwanette

Final Flight

kwanette

Final Flight

Finale:

I just finished watching both segments..Kazuki is such a gift! He has such a bright future...in or out of competition! TY, again!

Figskater23

Final Flight
OMG thank you so much, you're an angel 🤩
Pretty amazing to see Kazuki with the microphone directing everyone, and skaters from all ages too! His experience at Kassouya really shows in this occasion, it's pretty cool. As for Halston, beautiful as ever 🥹

You're pretty spot on, although he doesn't do NowVoice anymore (the service was terminated), so I guess this radio show replaces NowVoice. He's also an ambassador for Shenshu Koki, a metal company based in Sakai.

As for his radio show, it seems he is doing remotely from Osaka, which is great. Fans weren't sure if it was live or not... But everyone praised the way he spoke, and he included the song 'Do it' (from the Kassouya show) as a special song to him 🥰 He confirmed his next radio appearance will be on 7 May, just a week before his birthday.

Meanwhile, a new Mainichi article will be published later today:

Phew! 😆

Did they say how he spoke? Phew indeed!

Figskater23

Final Flight

KiraraChin

Medalist
Did they say how he spoke? Phew indeed!
Yes, it seems that Kazuki's corner is in a format interview, with the radio's MC asking him questions (as opposed to him hosting). Everyone said he did really well, spoke about his impressions of the past season, going to the sauna in Nagano etc
I saw people praising his vocabulary and how articulate he was on the radio, which is amazing for an athlete 🥹

Here's a tweet from the radio:

Even Hitoshi Kurasawa (Mainichi journalist) commented on it, saying: I never thought the day would come when Tomono would have a corner on the radio in my hometown of Nagano...I'm selfishly happy. lol

and here's a tweet from Daiichi Juken with a direct link to yesterday's programme on Radiko - sadly not available outside Japan, and it seems you need to have a premium subscription to access it:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Meanwhile, Kazuki's latest Mainichi column was published yesterday:

As usual, it's a paid column, but I'll translate the beginning which is free, absolutely hilarious:
My memorable programmes - Senior's first season "Phantom Free" = Kazuki Tomono.

As the season comes to an end, the athletes move on to ice shows. Kazuki Tomono (25) wowed the audience at Stars on Ice, a gathering of top skaters held in Osaka on 30 and 31 March. The column continues with the series "My memorable programmes". This time I will talk about an incident in my first season as a senior skater.

The free piece 'West Side Story' from the 2017-18 season was the programme I competed in at my first World Championships. I was 3rd in the free skate and 5th overall, which was a good result for me, and everyone around me says it's like a 'masterpiece', so it left a great impression on me. I was still developing my skills, but the quality was high, and the quadruple jumps awere not too much, so it was a really well-balanced programme, in my opinion.

By the way, there is a story behind this free programme. Actually, there was a "phantom free programme" that season. This is where Mr. Hiraike (Coach Hiraike) comes in again. ......

Hiraike-sensei said: 'Kazuki, this is your first year as a senior. He needs a bit more fighting spirit as a competitor. Let's be a bullfighter this season". So once the 'bullfighter programme' was completed.

In a word, a "mixed programme". I skated it at the NHK Cup selection that season. But it was so jumbled up with so many other things that even when I skated it myself, it was vague. I didn't know what I wanted to do, and I was thinking to myself, "What is this programme? I can say this now, but I was even thinking "I don't like it" while I was doing it (laughs).

So... there you have it, we could have seen Kazuki in his first senior season as a bullfighter (toreador) 🟥 🐂
It seems that, in the end, one of the fed officials saved him by questioning this choice 😅 and they moved to WSS instead...