Keegan Messing at Skate America - Our Lone Canadian | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Keegan Messing at Skate America - Our Lone Canadian

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love both of his programs and I think he should have won the silver. His free program was the best of the night.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I couldn't understand that either, since the 3A all by itself is worth 8 points. It was re-done before he got his final score. The final scoring is below. Not good, or fair perhaps, but a more accurate reflection of what he did. My main question: how can a single Euler be downgraded?
Triple Axel + Single Euler (downgraded) + Triple Salchow (under-rotated)11.44-3.048.40
Euler can be downgraded if missing half or more a rotation. I agree with that element scroring - but Vincent clearly underrotated jumps and didn't get called on it in the short program (and a LP combo). He also got a slightly higher PCS in the SP, and a point higher than Keegan (despite actually falling). It makes no sense to me.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I couldn't understand that either, since the 3A all by itself is worth 8 points. It was re-done before he got his final score. The final scoring is below. Not good, or fair perhaps, but a more accurate reflection of what he did. My main question: how can a single Euler be downgraded?
Triple Axel + Single Euler (downgraded) + Triple Salchow (under-rotated)11.44-3.048.40
Euler can be downgraded if missing half or more a rotation. I agree with that element scroring - but Vincent clearly underrotated jumps and didn't get called on it in the short program (and a LP combo). He also got a slightly higher PCS in the SP, and a point higher than Keegan (despite actually falling). It makes no sense to me.