Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov

salchowx4

On the Ice
American here.

S/K's FS is my favorite this season

Now, D/R, when clean, at this point do deserve their wins (TES is massive), but I hate their programs this season and also have some serious issues with their PCS marks.

I hope S/K up the technical content soon. Love them.

Alba

Record Breaker
American here.

S/K's FS is my favorite this season

Now, D/R, when clean, at this point do deserve their wins (TES is massive), but I hate their programs this season and also have some serious issues with their PCS marks.

I hope S/K up the technical content soon. Love them.

My view as well. :thumbsup:

Alba

Record Breaker
Wohoooo! I love their costumes though, especially for the LP. I hope the new ones will be even better. :) they can rock anything.

Yep, me too. But I guess they had in mind to change them in the second half of the season.:)

Alba

Record Breaker
Stolbova and Klimov take front seat in Russian pair skating

In Barcelona, Spain, the 2014 World silver medalists made just one small error in the long when Stolbova singled the second jump in their triple toe-double toe-double toe combo.

“There was a little mistake,” Klimov agreed, “but as for the elements and the emotions overall, it was very good.”
Stolbova was not so forgiving of herself.
“I realized that I was either overrotating or underrotating it and I opened and had to save it how I could and I singled,” said the 22-year-old. “I am a fool. That says it all.”

:biggrin:

Last week at the Russian Championships, the Olympic silver medalists defended their national title. The short program was clean, but in the long program, Stolbova stumbled on the throw triple Lutz and then fell on the throw triple Salchow—their last element in the program which is usually spectacular.

“The throws just didn’t work,” Stolbova explained. “I did hurt my groin a bit in practice the other day, but I did not feel affected by it. I hope that these mistakes won’t happen again.”
It was obvious that the team was a bit tired after having competed in three competitions with the Final concluding less than two weeks prior to nationals.
“We did not skate the way we can,” added 24-year-old Klimov, regarding nationals. “It is good that it is over and that it happened here. We’ll continue to work and we’ll fix our mistakes.”

"Nina Mikhailovna (Mozer, coach) said that this season we are working on the cleanliness and consistency to prove that last year wasn’t a fluke,” explained Klimov. “Next year it is very well possible that we will experiment with (new) elements.” Their huge throw Salchow looks like a prime candidate for a quad, and the skaters have admitted giving thought to making a quad a while ago. However, their first goal for the season was to grow artistically and they picked two very different programs.

Macassar88

Medalist
I think the first is actually 3S 3T (and then 1t 2t) which is great since two triple triples is even more impressive than one

kinoriH

Final Flight
I'd love to see her going head to head with some of the single ladies in a jumping competition.

Her jumping technique is so strong it's ridiculous. her landings are so secure you're almost always sure she's gonna nail it.

Alba

Record Breaker
I'd love to see her going head to head with some of the single ladies in a jumping competition.

Her jumping technique is so strong it's ridiculous. her landings are so secure you're almost always sure she's gonna nail it.

I agree. She has the power and the confidence of a champion. :bow:
I agree with PJ Kwong when she says about Ksenia: She is not aggressive. She is very confident!:yes:

kinoriH

Final Flight
I think she's beautiful in any hair color- but black is HER color. She comes across as such a powerful woman and black represents that very well. Besides, We see blondes everywhere in russian pair skating.. even Evgenia Tarasova dyed her her blond but she's a natural red-head (big mistake if you ask me).