Laurine Lecavelier | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Laurine Lecavelier

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I haven't heard anything - Flagstaff, do you know? But I wouldn't be surprised. DinkyD posted in the Team 7k thread that she wasn't planning to go back to North America for training after the death of Jean-Francois Ballester.

Laurine's quotes from after the SP:

I felt quite nervous today. I like to skate first or second in the group, today I was the third skater which was a little hard already, but in any case, I am very happy with my performance. My preparation was complicated since I lost my coach a couple of months ago (Jean-Francois Ballester died in December 2018). To a certain moment, I thought I was not going to be able to compete here, but I managed to change my mind and I’m here and I am pleased. (On being back in Europe) After what happened, I really needed to stay with my family and closest friends. I didn’t feel like going back, to be on my own. In the free, I want to skate clean, I’m sure I am capable of, we took out a bit of the more difficult content.

I'm very glad she was able to find her motivation and compete so well after such a loss; it sounds like it hit her very hard. Even if she doesn't stay with Joubert, I'm glad she's got someone for now.

Flagstaff

Rinkside
Laurine is training in Paris with Katia Krier, not in Poitiers and Joubert is helping for this competition as Mrs Krier is also here as the head of the French team and is very busy. She doesn't plan to go back to the US nor to go to Poitiers. She was okayed by her federation to go and train permanently in Switzerland with Jean-François Ballester after Grenoble GP and he died one week later so an emergency solution had to be found. Paris it is. That's where her family is and she needed support so it suits her perfectly. Here is picture taken of her yesterday during SP.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks! It's good of Joubert to help out and support Laurine during the competition.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So proud of Laurine today! Back in fifth and, I'm guessing, she's going to Worlds? And between them she and Mae have won three places for French ladies at next year's Euros, which is fantastic.

But most of all, that level 4 step sequence call. Those high level spins. Some lovely jumps, and as always she sold it to the very last second. Such good work!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Laurine's quotes from after the FS:

I am pleased with this program. Psychologically it’s hard to be in the last group, it added a bit of pressure, but, nevertheless, I felt less nervous than before the short program. There were some ups and downs, it started off really well then there mistakes but in the end it got better again. I didn’t get the right placement for the second triple Lutz, so I knew it was going to be a little difficult but I saved it.

And regarding her future:

We will discuss in my team. But for now I can only say that I am going from day to day and I will see where it takes me, if I’ll stay in France or go back to the US.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but...Laurine being in fifth place...she should be invited to the gala, no?

pandatours

On the Ice
I hope she can work out a plan to do some conditioning training overseas while still retaining France as a home base. The competition between Laurine and Mae-Berenice is one of the most interesting rivalries we have, and I’m glad they push each other

I am rather relieved working with Kori was just a short term thing. Still heartbroken over the loss of her French coach though

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Their competition is fascinating because they're so closely matched. And complicated by the French Federation's tendency to play head games. :noshake:

Also, thanks to Guillaume Cizeron's Insta stories, I have just found out that Laurine's joined Instagram! No posts yet, but she's at https://www.instagram.com/lauriine_l/ if anyone wants to follow her.

Flagstaff

Rinkside
Laurine isn't much into social media. She's mainly on Insta to follow her own friends. Don't expect her to post much ;) She'll be part of the gala here in Minsk yes. And the quote about her maybe going back to the US is wrong. She has no intention of doing so ;)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And the quote about her maybe going back to the US is wrong. She has no intention of doing so ;)

I rather suspected that, based on things you've said before. Still, it probably kept the interviewer happy! :)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
British Eurosport commentary for Laurine's free skate is available here. They were very complimentary of her musicality and peformance. :love:

ETA: Also, Laurine is currently listed for the Cup of Tyrol in late February. :hap10:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought she probably would be, because she placed higher at Europeans, but it's great to have it confirmed! :yahoo:

She's still listed for Cup of Tyrol, too, though the list hasn't been updated since 4 February so that may change.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just updated Laurine's OP. It lacked information from two last seasons. I've added all the results, programs and as many videos as I could find. Enjoy :)

greig

Rinkside
Laurine won the cup of tyrol.🎉🎉Underscored on the PCS but hey she won😁 good to see the attempt at the tripple lutz and tripple toe break.hopefully this will give her a good boost of confidence going into the worlds!!🤷

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And :yahoo: she's just fought back from that difficult SP and, despite being decidedly underscored on PCS, taken first place in the free skate and gold overall. Felicitations, Laurine!

That'll put power to her elbow going into Worlds. :hap10:

ETA: Snap, greig!

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Glad Laurine won Cup of Tyrol (but seriously, 52 for pcs?!), and that she attempted 3lz+3t again. When was the last time she tried that combo before today?

greig

Rinkside
Glad Laurine won Cup of Tyrol (but seriously, 52 for pcs?!), and that she attempted 3lz+3t again. When was the last time she tried that combo before today?

Ya that 52 was a joke.I beleive the last time she went for the 3lz 3t combo was at french nationals at the end of 2017..so great to see her try it again here,and it was a good effort.😊