Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Madison Chock & Evan Bates

Astrid56

Final Flight
This Christopher Dean program is a bit avant-garde, edgy ... offbeat and too 'Torvill and Dean'. I would associate this number with Gilles and Poirier. Well, I love it that they are trying new styles.

mylifeback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Not crazy about this number, maybe it's the costumes? Or maybe just the whole thing. It was .... different for them, not sure it works. Hard to compete with the Beyonce ex, which is amazing and suits them perfectly. I really hope they work with Rohene again. But yeah, good for trying new things.

Astrid56

Final Flight
I am not crazy about the program too. It's very 'Torvill and Dean' and it is remarkable that Chris choreographed this number this way _ sort of a testament that he thought the two could do it as he envisioned. Chris is an amazing choreographer but he's known for choreographing programs (even his SOI numbers were playful, clever ... creative) that are rather impersonal, offbeat, and technical. I think the Shibs should use him for some of their numbers. Anyway, here's one number he choreographed that was so similar to this one _ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbkOrWP-9n0

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There were some crazy hard lifts in that program, for sure. I think it is their new SOI number?

Just a thought, but I think it is legal to skate with glasses on in competition, so perhaps sunglasses would be kool for a hiphop/blues SD, if that is what they decide to do? It was shocking how the glasses stayed on through all those lifts!

Astrid56

Final Flight
It is their 2nd SOI number (Beyonce - the other one). They do have some crazy hard lifts in this routine which they both execute effortlessly and, yeah, the sunglasses, surprisingly, stayed put. Madison's very flexible and versatile.

bramweld

Record Breaker
It is their 2nd SOI number (Beyonce - the other one). They do have some crazy hard lifts in this routine which they both execute effortlessly and, yeah, the sunglasses, surprisingly, stayed put. Madison's very flexible and versatile.

Madison's flexibility is a bonus, but this is really the advantage of having a significant size difference between partners. Good for them!!

Astrid56

Final Flight
I presume the soundtrack is a version of "Class of 99: Wear Sunscreen"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwVVpwBKUp0

Supposedly, the song was based on an article penned by Mary Schmich of the Chicago Tribune on June 1, 1997. Here's the link _ http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-schmich-sunscreen-column-column.html. I've now watched the routine probably five times and it's growing on me. It helps that they performed it so effortlessly - the lifts are just fantastic ... Maddie so feminine and Evan looking so adorably touristy reminding me of a [Hawaiian] haole. LOL.

As to which version, here's what I read:
There are four versions of the song: the original 7:09 minute mix from the album Baz Luhrmann Presents: Something for Everybody; a 1999 single release which features a 5:05 minute edit that lacks both choruses; "Geographic's Factor 15+ Mix" that runs for 4:42 minutes; and a "2007 Mix" of the original 7:09 minute version released on the 10th Anniversary Edition of the William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet soundtrack on which the opening words are changed to "Ladies and gentlemen of the class of 2007".
[Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wear_Sunscreen ]

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
I squealed like a little girl when I saw their music choice lol. I've been wanting someone to do an FD to this song for soooo long. I'm so glad it's Madi and Evan that chose it and that Christopher Dean is doing the choreography!!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am beyond ecstatic that Christopher Dean has choreographed their new free dance. I've been thinking Maddie and Evan needed some fresh eyes for choreography. Possibly the success Maia and Alex had with Tcherneshev helped convince Igor that it was time for an expanded vision for Maddie and Evan.

I adore both their Olympic year programs. Together they really showed M/E 's versatility, fun and passion.