Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Madison Chock & Evan Bates

Astrid56

Final Flight
So it looks like Rohene Ward is in Detroit working with them on something for this year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BITPOoeDUtS/

No idea if it is an exhibition piece again or if they are using him for their SD.... I have to admit a Rohene hip hop number would make me very happy.

I think it's their SD. They already have 2 exhibition numbers _ one choreographed by Dean (last Spring) and another by Ward _ the Beyonce number.

Bahar

Rinkside
I like it very much too and so far this is my favorite short dance. Good luck to them on the free dance :) :cheer:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It did not score as well as it might, but the two halves work together, unlike so many of the blues/swing combos we are seeing.

And Bad to the Bone is a great choice! The entry to the twizzles is way cool, too. The Pattern 2 step needs some work to get the levels.

Good outing, given Rohene is not a dance choreographer. They have time to fix the levels.

Good luck in the FD kids!

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
It did not score as well as it might, but the two halves work together, unlike so many of the blues/swing combos we are seeing.

And Bad to the Bone is a great choice! The entry to the twizzles is way cool, too. The Pattern 2 step needs some work to get the levels.

Good outing, given Rohene is not a dance choreographer. They have time to fix the levels.

Good luck in the FD kids!

I like it too. But I still wish they would do 3rd set of twizzles, IMO after watching Bobrova/Soloviev do 2 sets last couple of seasons and now they went back to 3 sets, and visually it adds a lot.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They did 3 sets as a separate item in their practice, according to Alex D. Perhaps they mean to add a third set- they did 3 sets last season. Perhaps there is an issue with getting the cool hiphoppish entry together with 3 sets, as in too much stuff to fit on one length of the ice without more practice.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
They did 3 sets as a separate item in their practice, according to Alex D. Perhaps they mean to add a third set- they did 3 sets last season. Perhaps there is an issue with getting the cool hiphoppish entry together with 3 sets, as in too much stuff to fit on one length of the ice without more practice.

With that entry they don't need 3rd set to get level 4, maybe that's why they decided to drop it? But maybe with some practice they will do both features :) It would be pretty awesome.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Absolutely! And I want to see it. But already these are the nicest twizzles, choreographically, that I have seen from them. They fit the hip-hop character really well. :cheer:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Absolutely! And I want to see it. But already these are the nicest twizzles, choreographically, that I have seen from them. They fit the hip-hop character really well. :cheer:

I agree, and they also look very very solid already which is something they've sometimes struggled with in the past so to be honest I don't mind if they don't add another set- if they can actually do these like this every time, no need in my opinion.

I really like the dance in general. Madison in particular really really nails this kind of music. I do think Evan is not quite as comfortable with it yet but honestly I think everyone's eyes are going to be drawn much more to Madison anyway so I think as long as he can avoid making a fool of himself (which he definitely is not doing) it should all work out well.

I actually thought the score was very strong for a first outing- unless I'm mistaken they didn't crack 70 till much later last year so in that sense this is an improvement though of course it's probably disappointing to them to have G/P score so close to them and C/L above them. G/P are only so close because they scored higher on the tech mark, though, and that's something Madison and Evan will surely be able to improve.