Maiia Khromykh | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Maiia Khromykh

Vemvane

On the Ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNouo3K8xeY

The falls looked sore - hope she can soak away any bruises with a nice hot bubble bath or something. Good on her for going for the 4S; I hope she manages to land it cleanly in competition soon.

Also, is it just me, or has her FP music been re-cut? I don't recall it ending with The Red Violin at the test skates, only opening with it.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maiia's skate was little rough today, I hope those were just nerves. Still the bronze medal gives her a good position. I hope it will be much better next time, and that she will put clean 4S into her program.
Was she the youngest skater? This program has potential and the short program is great. Good job.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I love Maiia's tissue box, it's bee Maiia from a german children's cartoon very popular in the 80's (and the title song was sung by the czech pop singer Karel Gott, very popular in Germany too). :biggrin:

But that was just childhood memory. maiia truly was close to perfection today. I didn't put her on the first place originally, but after rewatchig the skates I think I wouldn't mind it at all (maybe with another two or three performances like this the judges will start to appreciate Maiia more). Just hope tomorrow she will skate as confidently as today and with a clean 4S (y)

Last edited:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
It's actually a japanese anime, the german one is a recent horrible 3D remake.. :wink:
Incorrect. The original Biene Maja was a production by Germany and Japan :) the idea and plot of the show was invented by the German TV broadcast ZDF, specifically by Josef Göhlens, who wanted this show for the ZDF kids programs. They came up with the characters and scripts and then send it to Japan to get it animated. German TV broadcasts used to do that a lot in the 80s and 90s :D

Last edited:

klena

On the Ice
B5GDmWrniMk.jpg

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It's actually a japanese anime, the german one is a recent horrible 3D remake.. :wink:

Incorrect. The original Biene Maja was a production by Germany and Japan :) the idea and plot of the show was invented by the German TV broadcast ZDF, specifically by Josef Göhlens, who wanted this show for the ZDF kids programs. They came up with the characters and scripts and then send it to Japan to get it animated. German TV broadcasts used to do that a lot in the 80s and 90s :D
It's simmilar model to what Hanna-Barbera Productions applied for Tom and Jerry. Part of it was animated in Czechoslovakia but it still remained US production. Or The Last Unicorn, that was animated in Japan.

klena

On the Ice
From Maiia's interview: (about SP music)

"The coaches gave me three tunes. And I chose the third one, the one that I skate now. Eteri Georgievna (Tutberidze) was surprised at my choice and asked: "Do you see yourself in this music?» I said I'd try. She replied that it was necessary not to try, but to do. And somehow everything went.

It was very difficult at first, especially in the second half of the program. But I liked the music, and it pushed me. I worked very hard on this program, everything started to work out in training, so I managed to do it in skate.

Plans for an FS - 4S. After the first stage in Syzran, I hope it will be more confident, " said Khromykh.

Azikin

Medalist
So Wikipedia is incorrect? The original series appears to be completely japanese, based on the children's book. Only the continuation is a co-production with ZDF: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_the_Honey_Bee