Maria Sotskova | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Remy, your photos of Maria turned out great! So jealous! :sad4: If you have any of Shoma, can you please post them in his thread?...You must be getting ready for your next trip! Safe travels, and if you have time, let us know how things are going at the competition. :thank:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Remy, your photos of Maria turned out great! So jealous! :sad4: If you have any of Shoma, can you please post them in his thread?...You must be getting ready for your next trip! Safe travels, and if you have time, let us know how things are going at the competition. :thank:

Thanks. But no, no pictures of Shoma this trip. Tried to get pictures of skaters I don't have yet (or have very few photos of) so only Virtue/Moir, Samarin, Hawayek/Baker, Peng/Jin, Brown (I tried not to but couldn't help myself :laugh:) and Maria. But I will take pics of Shoma next time I see him.

P.S. already arrived in Beijing. Flew right from Regina and arrived on Tuesday. Traveled with Peng/Jin! I'm so surprised I can access this website, I guess China only block social networks :biggrin:

If you want me to take pics of anyone, just let me know. No open practices but I can take them during the competition!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks. But no, no pictures of Shoma this trip. Tried to get pictures of skaters I don't have yet (or have very few photos of) so only Virtue/Moir, Samarin, Hawayek/Baker, Peng/Jin, Brown (I tried not to but couldn't help myself :laugh:) and Maria. But I will take pics of Shoma next time I see him.

P.S. already arrived in Beijing. Flew right from Regina and arrived on Tuesday. Traveled with Peng/Jin :laugh: I'm so surprised I can access this website, I guess China only block social networks :biggrin:

Oh my gosh -- you're already there! You don't waste any time girl! Have fun! That ladies event is going to be phenomenal!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
RemyRose would you mind taking pics of Alina and Lena? And Cain/LeDuc in pairs? Are you going to all the GP events??

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
RemyRose would you mind taking pics of Alina and Lena? And Cain/LeDuc in pairs? Are you going to all the GP events??

I wish I could go to all the events but my boss would be having NONE of that :laugh2: I'm only in China because she wouldn't allow me to take off 6 Fridays in a row (for all the GP events) and wanted me to do an entire week or so instead :laugh: I will be going to Skate America too.

And yes, I can take pictures of those skaters. I don't know how well they will come out since I'll be sitting on the short end of the arena but I will try my best :agree:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good luck to Masha in France!!! May the scores be with you :hap10:

jiawen2016

On the Ice
A photo that I took of beautiful Masha after Gala at Skate Canada. I wish she will skate clean again! Pray that the judges will not hand carrots to her this time :pray:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Maria was incredible, although she had small mistakes (like all today) she showed her quality and potential as a skater, I hope to see her in the grand prix final :love:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Poor girl. No one told her she made the GPF prior to the press conference :laugh2:

To all 3: you are going to GPF, what is most important?Sotskova: am not yet sure I will make it to the GPF but I really hope so. Now am heading to another competition Shanghai trophy and will be worrying there whether I'll make it to the GPF or not, but I hope so.
https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/press-conferences.102341/

I hope someone told her afterwards :laugh:

Someone posted clips of the ladies prior to the award ceremony
https://m.vk.com/wall-66506743_2432?from=feed

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FYI: for Shanghai trophy, she will only be skating the FP. There are no SP slated for any discipline. Her main competitor will be Elizabet T. who only scored 2pts less than her in Grenoble. But good luck to all, have fun, and enjoy your cash prize!!!

ETA: make that Elizabet and now Radionova (added today) will be her main competitors.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IdF Gala https://youtu.be/AqjrnjUC-fM

Interview (google translated):
https://rsport.ria.ru/interview/20171118/1128848735.html

The silver medalist of the fifth stage of the Grand Prix Maria Sotskova , who secured this result in the final of the championship series , commented to the special correspondent of "R-Sport" Elena Vaitsekhovskaya her speech, explaining why it is bad to skate at the end of the group, and how to make an arbitrary program even more difficult.
- In a short program, I was not at all nervous, and it was a shame that a stupid blot occurred. But the rental of an arbitrary program turned out to be much more nervous. It is still difficult for me to ride at the end of the strongest warm-up - it takes too long to wait for the performance, there is time to reflect, and in competitions it is always better when there is no time for reflection. Yes, and it was hard to ride - was tired at the end of the program.
- You said at a press conference that you did not manage to fall in love with this program at once.
- Rather, I just did not really understand the music and my image in this music. We talked a lot about this with the choreographer, worked on every gesture, and now I just fell in love with this production. I catch myself on that, rolling around, every time I find in it more and more new shades. I try, that the audience, looking at my skating, saw the same picture that I mentally draw myself.
- You were pressured by the thought that your participation in the Grand Prix final depends on the performance in Grenoble?
- Strangely enough, no. Although last year I just dreamed about it - I really wanted to go to the finals and go skating there. My second stage was held in Sapporo, and there I constantly reminded myself: "If only I could resist, just not make a mistake." She could not think of anything else at all.
"And what were you thinking about in Grenoble?"
- The fact that you need to skate to get pleasure from this rental. I wanted to please coaches, spectators. I wanted my parents to be happy for me.
- In the end, were everyone satisfied?
- So I do not happen - there is always something that could be done better.
"Even with such irreproachable hire as the one that turned out on Saturday?"
- I really did very well the elements. But in the path of steps a little podzagalas - took care of the strength to enough for the whole program. Emotions too were not enough.
- So talk about it, as if it's enough to turn a switch - and emotions will pour on the ice.
- Of course not. But I noticed: when I ride absolutely uninhibited, when I do not restrain responsibility, emotions break out by themselves. As soon as I start to control my actions, emotions immediately go away.
- What did you think about when you saw the ratings?
- Oh ... The final score has not been shown for so long ... When you sit in the kiss-end area, you can not worry. This is a very unpredictable moment - you never know what you will be shown on the scoreboard. Even when everything was done well, the place may not be what you expect. But this time everything turned out. However, as soon as the evaluations were made, Elena Germanovna (Buyanova), who was sitting next to her, began to react emotionally and joyfully to me, to embrace me, to congratulate me that I had ceased to understand what was happening-she had not had time to see anything. Only then I looked at my points and realized that I would definitely be in the top three.
- You are more than three points exceeded your personal record in an arbitrary program and overall standings. In terms of the complexity of the elements, is this the final version of the program, or is there still a reserve?
- The reserve exists, as well as the intention to implement it. Perhaps we will rearrange the cascade in the second half, but the idea is still under development.
- That is, there is only in theory, at the level of desire?
"Not really." I have already tried to roll the program with this arrangement of elements in the training. Just until everything turns out not so confidently to do the same in competitions. Now in the second half of the program I have a triple lutz separately, and frankly speaking, I'm pretty nervous about this jump. Do it in a cascade while scary. Although I understand that the problem is not that there may not be enough strength, but in insufficient head readiness. You just have to work on this more in training, and everything will happen.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another interview! Maria is putting her foot down dammit! A change in style/image is coming for next season :biggrin:

"The second place spurs me and makes me move on"

Figure skater Maria Sotskova became the silver medalist of the French Grand Prix stage. After renting a demonstration number, the sportswoman answered the questions of the correspondent Tatyana Flade.

- Masha, well done. Surely performed at this launch. Could you compare your rentals in Canada and France?

- Now I am more satisfied with my performance, although the error in the short program was more rude than in Canada. But I skated better here, the elements did more confidently. The only thing in this tournament was more enslaved, it was not possible to fully liberate in terms of emotions.

- At the press conference you said that this is not your greatest. What did she mean?

- My maximum, when I am completely satisfied with the performance. I know that I did everything I can, in the aggregate - in a short and arbitrary program. There was a good rental here, which can be modified. He is close to my idea of ​​a good, we can say, ideal rental.

- In your opinion, what should be the ideal rental?

- The ideal rental, when I made all the elements, impeccably, on the pluses, and at the same time felt the freedom of movement that I was not worried, but confident. I go to every element, but do not forget to work for the public, the judges. And all my program, which we practiced in training, is done as planned. This is the perfect rental. To such I aspire. And I hope that at the main competitions I will show just such a skating.

- Did you already have the ideal rentals?

- The ideal rental was at the Grand Prix final in Marseille. It was the best rental of my free program, probably in my entire career. And performance in the finals of the junior Grand Prix in Japan, where I was pleased with the shows and results. Won then. In Fukuoka, all the stars were formed, and it turned out as we planned.

But so far, something is missing me for the first places. We are working on it. Still, I want to win already. It makes you angry when you can not win. But now, it seems to me, to me, on the contrary, it is a plus, because I get angry, I work even harder, I strive for the goal.

- Indeed, this season you often take second place - "Miss Silver".

- The second place spurs me and makes me move on. As they say, everything that is done is for the better, and we must look for positive moments in everything. And I'm looking for pros. The second place, as I said, motivates me, makes me relax, but move forward.

- Do you think about the final of the Grand Prix?

- The idea is material, and I believe that everything will turn out.

- How important is it for you to get into the finals this season?

- This will be another step to my main goal. Still, to be selected for the final is prestigious. This is the TOP-6 in the world. Every athlete strives to get there.

In that year, I really wanted to get into the finals. And at its second stage, the Grand Prix in Japan did not act for fun, as it often happens, but went out on the ice with the thought: just stand, just hold on, because she really wanted to go to the finals. Therefore, in Japan everything happened a little blurry, because even now I do not remember absolutely how the random program then rolled. Some moments of the competition float up, and the random just erased from memory. I was very worried then, because I really wanted to. Then all this affected the skating. And in Marseilles I arrived already calm, confident, we can say, relaxed. Because I no longer needed to be selected, but I had to go for a drive in pleasure and show my best skating. And now.

At these competitions in France there was no such thing that blood from the nose I want to get to the finals. I went here with the idea of ​​how it will be, so it will be, because I understood: the competition is big, all the girls stably ride, take good places, gain points. Chances I had less than last season to be selected for the final. But I took this thought calmly, because after all this season the final is not the main task.

- This season you performed in Finland, then at the Grand Prix. How do you assess your progress in the season?

- Everything goes on as usual. I improve the hire. I try to correct the shortcomings. And in general from start to start I add. I feel it myself. From this confidence is added. To the most responsible start I want to come in the optimal form to show skating, which has never been shown.

- Immediately after Grenoble you plan to go to Shanghai.

- Yes, we come to Moscow and the next day we fly to Shanghai.

- Two tournaments in a row - is it difficult for you?

- There will be only an arbitrary program. This makes my task easier. Emotionally it will be more difficult, because here I have laid out, now I feel a little devastation, fatigue.

And now I've put my best on the show, because under Russian folk music you can not relax, ride peacefully, as, for example, in an arbitrary program. In the show room, you have to give out emotions. For me, this number is also a responsibility, because I represent Russia in it, I try to convey the Russian spirit, fervor, how we can dance, have fun. The music itself imposes a certain responsibility on me, and I should adequately rent and present this program.

"This number is very good for you." Perhaps in the future there will be a program in this style?

- We wanted to take Russian folk music, but since by that time a short program was put, then after it to skate to fast music in an arbitrary it would be hard. And this season is not for experiments. So we decided to leave it as it is. And next season, I talked about this many times, I want to change my style, image, music. Take something unusual for me.

- I hope you will succeed. Thank you, Masha, and good luck!

Tatyana FLADE

Google translated. Link http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/338...stegivaet-i-zastavlyaet-dvigatsya-dalshe.html

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Thank you RemyRose (and google) for the translation, counting the days and waiting for some video of Masha's presentation in Shanghai and good luck for the GPF :hap10: