Marin Honda | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

ioanna

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/hoppeppe11/status/774143622765617152

Marin's interview after her SP. She says it wasn't the pressure that got to her, she wanted to give a great performance and that thought overwhelmed her. She feels bitter because she has practiced going into this season but will give her best in the free.

I feel so sorry for this child, the media has lost complete control over her and she isn't the nerves of steel type of skater to begin with. I hope she learns from her mistakes and comes back in the free.

Last edited:

berry8

Final Flight
Marin is soooo cute!!
Hope she will slay it in the free!!
Japan has so many talented young ladies and boys!

Last edited:

pomelowood

On the Ice

Plumededragon

Medalist
Congratulations Marin! That was a GREAT fight back! Silver medal! :cheer:
Too bad for the mistake on the last combo, I think she'd won gold otherwise. But silver is excellent after what happened in the SP. The relief and happy tears in the K&C when the score came up was heart-warming.

Good luck for your next GP! :cheer:

Last edited:

SXTN

Final Flight
Count me in as a fan!

Her biggest edge over other 15yr olds (especially her Japanese rivals) is her natural charisma. This is something you can't teach. She draws me into every performance no matter if I like the music or not. And the jumps are effortless.

She is the future.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
what a great comeback and such a lovely skate (i will even forget it was on Romeo and Juliet's music!!). Congrats to Marin. I hope she takes it a bit easy because watching her cry after the LP was a difficult. The kind of pressure she is under must be CRUSHING.

bosskil

Match Penalty
Her biggest edge over other 15yr olds (especially her Japanese rivals) is her natural charisma. This is something you can't teach.
I would say she is shamelessly wonderful. :laugh2:
She steps on the ice looking like an angel from heaven, petrifies poor audience making her initial circle with her royal extensions and soul-piercing glance, strikes an initial pose and then the final blow: THE SMILE!
http://i.imgbox.com/ZlLKueRs.jpg :dbana:

tinnychan

On the Ice
Congratulation to sliver medal and still have chance to qualify for JGPF.

She will on Carnival on ice next week. I don't understand why the adult(?!) schedule her in the ice show in the middle of her season.

Her next competition should be Kinki Regional on 8-9 Oct. (Qualify competition to National)

Not a easy competition (Kihira, Iwamoto and Sakamoto will be here), I hope she can finally land her combo in SP.