Marin Honda

bosskil

Match Penalty
Good fight in LP again, Marin! :clapper:
Keeping fingers crossed for the GPF spot! :agree:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Marin is going to Marseille!!! Congratulations, girl!! :cheer: :love:
That was a fight to the end, but wow! She did get the final spot! Looking forward to seeing her live!

yhmafan

Medalist
According to some reports, Marin caught a cold and had a fever of 40 degrees after the competition at Slovenia and lost her weight about 3-4 kg.
She could have a practice just on the day before Kinki competition. She felt that she was able to driver her SP only 30% of her.
At that moment, she was not sure if she can perform her FS but she would do her best. Marin the brave girl :thumbsup:

This manga writer said that

She’s capable of touching/grabbing audience hearts that reminds me of Yuzuru Hanyu.

tinnychan

On the Ice
Second place with 64.86 (34.82+30.04) after SP in National Junior...

According to the report, the jump was 3F+3T / 3Lo* 2a* (look clean)

Maybe UR, Step level, Spin level... The TES was too low as a clean skate:noshake:

Good luck tomorrow...at least fight for your first podium at National Junior:hap10:

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Second place with 64.86 (34.82+30.04) after SP in National Junior...

According to the report, the jump was 3F+3T / 3Lo* 2a* (look clean)

Maybe UR, Step level, Spin level... The TES was too low as a clean skate:noshake:

Good luck tomorrow...at least fight for your first podium at National Junior:hap10:
I can't find the protocol, so maybe she did loose lv on the spins and stpsq, as the jumps did seem clean... At least, she got the highest PCS.
Well, she's not that far from Kaori, so I hope she'll keep fighting and win this! If not, podium will still be awesome. Go Marin! :cheer:

Last edited:

mcq

Record Breaker
I can't find the protocol, so maybe she did loose lv on the spins and stpsq, as the jumps did seem clean... At least, she got the highest PCS.
Well, she's not that far from Kaori, so I hope she'll keep fighting and win this! If not, podium will still be awesome. Go Marin! :cheer:

I would bet on spins and steps lvl, she has been getting Stsq2 so often this season and lost a lot of points because of that :/
I think as long as she is in the podium it will be fine :) She will still qualify for junior worlds. 3 pts is still within reach, as long as she skate a clean FS :thumbsup:

Anybody knows if there is a video footage or anything?

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Anybody knows if there is a video footage or anything?

I don't know, if there's any footage of the SPs, but BS Fuji is going to broadcast (part of) the free skates tomorrow (17:00-18:55), apparently with Dai co-commentating. If we're lucky, someone uploads it afterwards. :)

Plumededragon

Medalist
Protocol was out...Spin level...Step level...Edge call...:slink:

SP (place 2) http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2016-2017/fs_e/national_jr/data0203.pdf
FS (place 6) http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2016-2017/fs_e/national_jr/data0205.pdf

Disappointing free skating with multiple mistake, but still congratulation of overall bronze medal in National Junior:drama:
Poor Marin, she was so disappointed and with good reasons.:sad21: I hope she'll manage to fix her problem by the time JGPF arrives.
With Rika's results, that was a hard day...

mcq

Record Breaker
Protocol was out...Spin level...Step level...Edge call...:slink:

SP (place 2) http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2016-2017/fs_e/national_jr/data0203.pdf
FS (place 6) http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2016-2017/fs_e/national_jr/data0205.pdf

Disappointing free skating with multiple mistake, but still congratulation of overall bronze medal in National Junior:drama:

Marin constantly get StSq level 2 this season. This is actually a problem? She lost 1.3 pts from that alone if only it was a lvl4. Not to mention her spins. Shouldn't Mie Hamada consult someone about steps already? First Satoko Miyahara get an invalidated step sequence at Skate Canada. Rika K, Yuna S and Marin all got level 2 stsq in the SP yesterday. It is a waste of point.:slink:

Hope they manage to fix this for JGPF. Not just for Marin, but for the others too. :hopelessness:

HOWEVER, Congrats for the bronze, marin! You will still go to senior nationals and junior worlds :)

yhmafan

Medalist
Poor Marin, she was so disappointed and with good reasons.:sad21: I hope she'll manage to fix her problem by the time JGPF arrives.
With Rika's results, that was a hard day...

I hope she is OK and her team consider the problem asap and the bitter experience will be tomorrow's provisions for her. Congrats Marin the bronze :)

Plumededragon

Medalist
Will she appear with Hanyu in an ad? That'd be amazing...
Mao is sponsored by JAL, if I recall correctly. But Yuzuru is with ANA since 2013.
It's great that Marin got such sponsor! In preparation for Olympics season (and her first season as a senior), she'll need such support to work hard and be able to get ready.

Last edited: