Marin Honda | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

Amef

Final Flight
Her SP was the best I've seen all year. She makes the best expression out of choreos. I am actually expecting a GPF entry this year because of great programs.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
absolutely love her short. Hope she can be a bit more aggressive in it, but it will come with confidence.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
absolutely love her short. Hope she can be a bit more aggressive in it, but it will come with confidence.

Yep! I liked the choreo but the expression is off. I love smiley Marin but I think this program needs more range, specially in the end when the singer does this raw and kind of angry voice, I think Marin needs to give more face, be fierce, you know? Then it will be perfect! I hope they work on that!

rnois13

On the Ice
Her expression in Nagoya is better and I saw more lovely nuances in her movement. I hope she continues to build her strength and hopefully that extra swagger will come. I'm happy that she is stepping out of the box with this piece. I also wish she debuted Lovers in The Ice but I suppose she had to focus on her SP because it's very new.
Her combo is likely set on 3lo3t. Raf could eventually make her work on the bonus if she gets her 3f consistent.

rnois13

On the Ice
bits raf said relating to marin from the tsl interview:

[what Marin needs to become a champion]
"I don't like whenever people jump and I worry about whether they will do it or not. Always my approach is to have consistency on jumps."

[whether he thinks Marin will make the next Worlds]
"I think it's too much to ask but that's my goal." Raf really kept it realistic and implied that there is too much techical to work on.

[On Marin's "laziness" according to her former coach]
"Sometimes what happens is kids are losing trust with what they are doing, and then they don't work very hard. That's what happens. And I think motivation is one of our job. We motivate them."

[On fed/other coaches giving conflicting ideas or excessive information]
"I try to talk to my students, 'If you have questions, come to me. I will answer. Don't try to listen to everybody because first of all, not everybody is your friend.'"

Raf thinks it's a challenge at Marin's and Eunsoo's age to be OGM in 2022 but says he will do his best, "I know some tricks."

full interview here: https://youtu.be/fgQLeq5JKnI?t=18m10s

tars

Record Breaker
Happy Birthday, sweet seventeen! :yahoo::hb::dance2:

Wish you all the best in upcoming season! Charm our eyes as only you can! #redemptionseason :love::cheer2:

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Happy belated birthday to Marin!

Can't wait to see her rock out this season :yay: