Max Aaron | Page 89 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In case anyone wants to click on this link from TSL:

Practice Archives: Max Aaron SP Practice at 2017 United States Figure Skating Championships

https://youtu.be/Al6uOQ4DhI8 (2:50, published on Aug 15, 2018)​

I decided to watch it. With mixed feelings, to be sure, but enough time has passed since Matador Max's retirement for me to not be reduced to :sad4:.

ETA: I now have watched it a few times. Proud of Matador Max. Great program.​

*unhappy sigh* Oh, how I wish he'd done that in the competition. It was such an amazing program.

Seems from his social media, Max is or was in Idaho (the #fbf tag suggests was). I wonder why?

And on his instagram stories today, seems he is at a Sam Smith concert. I'm glad he's enjoying his retirement, but oh...I miss him so...I wish one of these shows would ask him.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
… Seems from his social media, Max is or was in Idaho (the #fbf tag suggests was). I wonder why?

And on his instagram stories today, seems he is at a Sam Smith concert. I'm glad he's enjoying his retirement, but oh...I miss him so...I wish one of these shows would ask him.

Sun Valley? Maybe he is enjoying Labor Day weekend (unofficial end to the U.S. summer) in a scenic place.

I think Max's #tbt was referring to his trip to Sun Valley a couple of weekends ago?
(Although possible that he already made a return for Labor Day weekend, does not necessarily seem likely to me. YMMV.)

Whether he had a purpose other than relaxation and friendship apparently is not for us to know, which of course is fine.
Another person's Instagram had a group photo including Max with Logan Bye :luv17: (ETA: whom Max tagged, but did not show) as well as Angela, but I think it got taken down. (FWIW, it was the weekend that Mirai was the headliner for the ice show, but maybe that was just happenstance?)

As the competitive season revs up, I miss Max a lot, but I must say that I am pleasantly :) surprised that at least once in a while, he is sharing a few images (such as the scenery and the concert). No matter that they do not show him :laugh:.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max recently was a guest coach for 2018 Valley of the Sun Adult Skate Camp at Ice Den Chandler in Arizona. :yay:

Group photo:

Not surprisingly, "Max Specializes in jump technique:"

Another camp offering from Max was "Creating basic footwork sequences":

ETA (on Feb 15, 2020):

Belated note for posterity: Max was a coach at the Sep 2019 edition of this camp as well.

https://instagram.com/p/BwXe-PlltDn/ (Apr 17, 2019)

https://www.facebook.com/azskatecam...zkZOA2tNroi4hDOPCS8B4sDqTAISazLMlRA&__tn__=-R (Apr 27, 2019)

https://instagram.com/p/BwxExbvFdll/ (Apr 27)

https://instagram.com/p/B1Nnknfntna/ (Aug 16, 2019)

https://instagram.com/p/B20rdpynCTw/ (Sep 25, 2019; Max in center of front row?)

https://instagram.com/p/B28qrR9H2tm/ (Sep 28, 2019)​

ETA:

Ice Denettes synchro skaters took a selfie with Max :):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoLCutEhCuN/?taken-by=ice_denettes (Sep 25)​

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max will be special guest coach at another camp. :cool:
Jan 26-27, 2019, in Oklahoma City.

It takes place on the same weekend as the final weekend of U.S. Nats. I selfishly had been wondering whether Max perchance would attend Nats at all as a spectator, but now looks unlikely, I suppose.

But it is so great that Max has been guest-coaching. Lucky OKC skaters! Go, Max. :yay:

*angsty screech*

And yes, my brain did quickly flick through thoughts of selling my US Nats ticket and changing my flights to Oklahoma...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OH MY GOD MAX FANS ASSEMBLE

ASSEMBLE

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

LIVE STREAM ALERT! LIVE STREAM ALERT!

Scott Hamilton and Friends will be LIVE STREAMED!

WE'RE GONNA SEE HIM

Tweet:

Great news! @espn will stream Scott Hamilton & Friends on 11/18 from @BrdgstoneArena! If you can't be in #Nashville, tune in for can't miss performances by @SherylCrow @FLAGALine @Meryl_Davis, @CharlieaWhite & more. Get your tickets here: http://bit.ly/ScottCARES18 or #stream ESPN3!

EDIT:

I'M NOT GONNA SEE HIM because it's at 10am on a Monday nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I hope it goes up on Youtube or sth

Last edited:

livetoskate

On the Ice
Yay, thanks for the info. It's rare to have these ice shows now in the USA. All we have are Stars on Ice in a handful of select cities.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Wait, what? ;) :ghug:

… Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, Meryl Davis and Charlie White and Max Aaron are among the Olympic gold medalists who will take the ice on Nov. 18, with live musical accompaniment from Sheryl Crow, Florida Georgia Line, Brothers Osborne and other Nashville stars. ...

Anyway, nice that Max was mentioned in the Nov 9 article re Scott Hamilton's show. (The entire cast is not listed.)

*angsty screech*

And yes, my brain did quickly flick through thoughts of selling my US Nats ticket and changing my flights to Oklahoma...

No joke, my first thought when I had come across Max's OKC camp -- before I realized the conflict with Nats -- was, "I must let karne know right away -- I wonder whether there would be any chance that she could fit it into her U.S. itinerary?"

Sorry that the schedule does not work.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
No joke, my first thought when I had come across Max's OKC camp -- before I realized the conflict with Nats -- was, "I must let karne know right away -- I wonder whether there would be any chance that she could fit it into her U.S. itinerary?"

Sorry that the schedule does not work.

It's less the schedule and more that the camp itself does not look like it's particularly suitable for an Adult of my...limited ability. If it had been an Adult camp, you can bet I would have moved heaven and earth to be there (and it would not really be so difficult, I think...all my flights are with Southwest, who seem very helpful at changing things, and I'm sure I could sell my Nats ticket). But there is also the consideration that I desperately want to see Jason live, and I dare not take for granted that he would be at 4CC. So. Max, you kill me.

Meanwhile, I also desperately hope that the live stream of the show will be archived somewhere, or that videos will be on Youtube...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
@AshWagner2010 Instastory has great video snippets of Max having a blast at the Predators hockey game in Nashville. :dance2: :hap93:

ETA:

See also @ScottHamilton84 Instastory for another video snippet of Max.

Still photo:

It's less the schedule and more that the camp itself does not look like it's particularly suitable for an Adult of my...limited ability. If it had been an Adult camp, you can bet I would have moved heaven and earth to be there (and it would not really be so difficult, I think...all my flights are with Southwest, who seem very helpful at changing things, and I'm sure I could sell my Nats ticket). But there is also the consideration that I desperately want to see Jason live, and I dare not take for granted that he would be at 4CC. So. Max, you kill me. ...

Oh, now I see. Too bad it is not an adult camp.

Although I understand the other thing about not wanting to miss Jason.

I hope the stars eventually will align at some point down the road for you to attend another Max camp. :pray:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
@mirainagasu Instastory has something re Max that I don't understand -- not that it is of any importance.

What is shown is one of the Edea promotional cards of Max in his Tron costume. Vincent's and Camden's autographs are on the card. Also a third autograph that does not look like Max's own.

So is that a thing? Athletes signing promotional stuff that shows a different athlete (friend and former training mate, in this case)???

No big deal … just wondering.

It was soooooo great to see Max skate again. :luv17:

I already am hoping that Scott Hamilton will invite him back next year. :pray:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, he looked so happy, and goofy and having so much fun. He's obviously still in killer shape. Only triple toes, but that's okay (though I have to admit if he'd shown us triple Lutzes or anything I'd have launched campaign Get Max To Come Back And Save The US Men in no time). He also appeared in the opening and closing numbers, and we got him in sparkles in the opening! The closing number outfit looked wonderful, I think it established that he drastically under-utilised grey during his career.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to Jackie Wong, Max's body makes an appearance in Ariana Grande's new video.

He appears as a poster on her wall with her brother's face photoshopped on his body.

No, I'm not making this up. I wonder if he knows? Lol.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
According to Jackie Wong, Max's body makes an appearance in Ariana Grande's new video.

He appears as a poster on her wall with her brother's face photoshopped on his body.

No, I'm not making this up. I wonder if he knows? Lol.

LOL, I bet that Max already has gotten a text from Angela or Piper (for example), who were quick to comment on Jackie's Instagram.

And/or other usual suspects whose friendship with Max includes healthy doses of teasing as well as affection.

Anyway … no one better to be on a celebrity's wall than our superstar Max. :yes:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I stared at the picture for ten minutes or so yesterday morning, going...I know that skater...I know that pose, that costume...it looks familiar but I can't...quite...

And then Jackie posted that it was Max and I just about shouted OF COURSE IT'S MAX.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
New ShibSibs vlog has fun behind-the-scenes Max-related stuff :cool: in its section re Scott Hamilton's show in Nashville (starting around 2:50):

Forgot to say earlier that the Nashville show was/is kinda coming full circle for Max.

During his boyhood in Arizona, Max once made a local SOI appearance playing the role of Scott Hamilton as a boy.
Still image of little Max with Scott: https://twitter.com/CherylPreheim/status/420051900159893504
(Pre-Sochi video stories about Max had SOI footage of Max the boy skating with and without Scott, but the video links unfortunately now are dead.)​
Then Max the adult toured with SOI in 2014 for a number of stops.
And now Max's skating has helped raise money for Scott's foundation. :yay:​

BTW, sending Happy Hanukkah wishes to Max and his family. :)