Mirai Nagasu to skip Grand Prix series | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mirai Nagasu to skip Grand Prix series

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I pretty much expected this. Her Olympic team skate seemed to be the wrap up of her career, as her individual Olympic and World 2018 performances were blah in comparison. I'd be surprised if she ever did a competitive skating event again.

Well, kinda hard to top an 8-triple FS she had in the the team event -- the only clean 8-triple FS ever done at the Olympics. That would be a highlight of any skater's career let alone one as mercurial as Mirai's.

Her Olympic FS in the individual still had 6 triples including a 3F+3T and 2A+3T+2T. Placed top 10. Not exactly chopped liver.

Yeah at Worlds she phoned it in with no 3A attempts and URs, but still placed top 10.

Who cares if she ever does a competitive skating event again - she's achieved something no other woman has and met all her personal goals --- no one can take that away from her or expect her to recreate/top that.

It's rather disappointing albeit super predictable the tone of some people in this thread. Other skaters are sitting out the GP and aren't getting the same snide comments. Oh well. Mirai's still in the history books and making her coins either way. :biggrin:

Figure 8's

On the Ice
Not surprising and I really don't see her coming back to compete. She has been knocking herself out since she was 14. Training so hard all the time. She needs to take time to enjoy the rewards from her hard work. Wish her luck in what ever endeavor she undertakes.