Mone Chiba | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mone Chiba

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Mone Chiba, for having managed, in spite of her pain, to be second at the Kinki regional championships, which allows her to participate at All-Japan National Championships.
But I'm worrying so much for her, as there's so little time before Skate America!
I hope so much that she's had a medical leave to skate, and is not injuring herself (or be injured under the orders of such a coach) further.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I really hope that this is true; if it is, I'm sure that she will find how to overcome such situations:

(And I hope that it is all right to post things from AnythingGOEs here.)

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Here's Mone Chiba's Free Skating at Skate America, with two falls alas, but it's a beautiful program:

Edit: replacement of fallen video link.

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I'm so, so sorry for her. Last year, apart from JSF dubious choice of assigning her to only one Junior Grand Prix spot in spite of her Silver at Junior Nationals, all had been so well. This year, she had a beautiful Short Program at Skate America, scandalously underscored (it was as good as Loena Hendricks', who really deserved her own score), then all went down. So we won't see her beautiful skating at Grand Prix Final. I hope that she can do well at All-Japan Nationals.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Mone Chiba for her Silver Medal at All-Japan National Championship!
I hope that she will be assigned to World Championships, or at the very least, at Four Continents (the dream would be both, but I know that the field is deep).

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Here are Mone Chiba's skates:

I know that she can't have high Grades of Execution on her triple jumps which, without being small as they have been in her initial Junior years, are not huge either, the Grades of Execution she's getting on her beautiful Double Axels, big, effortless, fluid, graceful and all, are really too low; and the Components! Hers are to dream of, how can it be that she's still scored around 7.50???

Last edited: