Mone Chiba | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Mone Chiba

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Mone Chiba for her faultless skates and her victory at Four Continents!
This is sooo wonderful! I hope I'll find a video of her Free Skating. Here's the score sheet, with only a 3Fq (and her usual 3Lz!):
There are a few 9.00 in the Components, which is a huge progress in comparison with the beginning of the season.
It must be not only a great joy, but also a great relief for her, as her assignment to both Four Continents and Worlds was a test; with a Gold in the first championship, I hope that she's already deemed to have satisfied the trust put in her.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I'm so sorry of that popped 3Lz, all the more because she's likely to be too severe on herself.
With 62.64 and already three skaters ahead of her, she will be lucky if she ends in the Top 10 of this Short Program...
I really hope that her Free Skate will give her a better overall placement!

deedee1

Record Breaker
No worries. :) Would be no one who doesn't get nervous or feel pressured at all in her/his first World Championships, we, the fans would imagine. Just enjoy every moment of YOUR very first Worlds, Mone! :)

Good luck in the free at the Worlds in Montreal tonight! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

:ghug:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I'm sure that Mone Chiba won't be satisfied as long as there was an error in her program, but although she doesn't reach 200 and won't climb on the podium, she's now likely to be in the Top 10; if Kaori Sakamoto "delivers" this should mean 3 spots for Women of Team Japan next year.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Mone Chiba is on the poster for Dreams on Ice 2024, on June 28th, 29th and 30th in Yokohama:
https://twitter.com/dreams_onice/status/1776173517912035788

Right now she's participating in the second stop of Stars on Ice, in Yokohama, and today/tomorrow the last show will be broadcast on TBS1 satellite channel.
Later this month, 20th and 21st, she is to participate in Bloom on Ice in Kyoto.
I think that this is her first show season? This is quite an impressive beginning!