Moscow qualifiers to Elder Age 5-8 Mar | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Moscow qualifiers to Elder Age 5-8 Mar

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Confession: I am a bad person. I want Kanysheva to make enough mistakes to go behind Daria...who is currently in 6th.

Azikin

Medalist
I almost couldn't watch because I didn't want anything bad to happen.... but it's such a relief for Anna to qualify....

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Boo. It didn't happen. If Daria wasn't PCS-hosed in the short program, and Panova's girls weren't overscored in the short... she might be going to nationals.
Will Daria even be able to go senior now? if she can't qualify to nationals?

They need to reevaluate the qualification process. I'm sorry, but the skaters from Siberia typically don't earn their spot the way that skaters from Moscow do. There's so many talented Moscow residents who can't go, simply because Moscow is a strong city. St. Petersburg doesn't deserve all of their spots either. Who do they have for talented juniors? Nugumanova, Moroz, Gubanova?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
They need to reevaluate the qualification process. I'm sorry, but the skaters from Siberia typically don't earn their spot the way that skaters from Moscow do. There's so many talented Moscow residents who can't go, simply because Moscow is a strong city. St. Petersburg doesn't deserve all of their spots either. Who do they have for talented juniors? Nugumanova, Moroz, Gubanova?
I agree, Moscow really needs to have more spots. Moscow qualifiers are pretty much tougher than the actual nationals.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Confession: I'd been a bad person through last 5 performances. :biggrin::dev3:

I will tell that to Dasha :dev2:
still upset about the skates that happened today... the scores were fair. but Shcherbakova got saved by Gulyakova and Panenkova was saved by no one :(
Poor girl, poor Dasha :cry: please let her go senior and kill everyone on the senior circuit, skate gods :pray:

Azikin

Medalist
It's the same on global scale, though. Maybe even worse. Russia deserves more spots in championships, and it will be even worse in the future with this amount of talent... but will the system ever change? :scratch2:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Do you not think "quite good" is a compliment here or what? I don't think Mukhortova would be nearly as good as you probably think. No, I don't think she with better jumps would be one of the top juniors or likely even would get JGP spots. And I certainly don't agree with what you're saying here. "Quite good" seems accurate.

My first sentence was a friendly joke, I didn't expect such reaction. Do I need to attach some smiley or emoji to help you understand what it is?

And she just was injured and lost tons of jump airtime - some common sense.

What a discover, didn't you know that Mukhortova either? She lost more than year because of sick/injury that even lost her jumps.

And I certainly don't agree with what you're saying here.

That's really strange you don't see what is absolutely visible and obvious. She is one of those rare skaters who you can watch without any jumps, just enjoying their skating. Nastya's skating is powerful, beautiful, fast and touching. She skates with her soul.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Congratulations to mistress Panova! Finally well-deserved podium sweep! :agree::clap:
I'm glad the new princess Alenka made all her haters cry. :love:

hanca

Record Breaker
I will tell that to Dasha :dev2:
still upset about the skates that happened today... the scores were fair. but Shcherbakova got saved by Gulyakova and Panenkova was saved by no one :(
Poor girl, poor Dasha :cry: please let her go senior and kill everyone on the senior circuit, skate gods :pray:
Don’t feel bad for Panenkova. She doesn’t need going to those nationals. She had a good season, got to JGPF, so it is pretty sure they will invite her to test skates and will consider her for assignments next year. On the contrary, skaters like Tarusina and Vasilieva who just missed on JGP this season needs those nationals much more, to show that they are still in the running and give them a reason to invite them test skates in the summer.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker

lavoix

Match Penalty
Videos?

So what was the point of this competition? If you qualify do you get a spot for the JGP next season?