Natasha Richardson | Golden Skate

Natasha Richardson

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
If you are an entertainment geek like me then you know about actress Natasha Richardson.

Apparently, she was involved in a ski accident in Canada well she was fine when she got back in her hotel room but then started to get headaches.

She was transported to a hospital in Montreal where she was eventually put on life support.

With her husband Liam Neeson by her side they flew her to New York where she could be closer to her family.

Well today Natasha Richardson has died as she was taken off of life support. She was 45.

My heart goes out to her and her family which include husband Liam Neeson, mother Vanessa Redgrave, sister Joely Richardson and her two kids

RIP Natasha............you will be greatly missed :cry:

victoria90

On the Ice
I still can't believe this :cry:
RIP Natasha, my heart goes out to her family... to lose someone so close to you like this, so unexpected, must be so horrible and hard.

sillylionlove

Medalist
It's very sad. I have been skiing at Mont Tremblant (spelling?). I had a great time there. I sure hope her family will be ok.

apparently if you are going to fall and hit your head...you want to hit the front or the back. Your brain only moves from to back. When you hit the side of your head...your brain actually twists around and causes some detachment which causes bleeding and can be very very bad or even deadly.That's why boxers have such problems because they get blows to the side of the head. Who knew? Thanks to the nuerosurgeon on Good Morning America this morning that explained this bit of info.

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
That is indeed scary. It's so sad and frustrating that nothing could be done to save her. RIP Natasha Richardson.

Winnipeg

Final Flight
This is really sad.............I have heard of skiing deaths related to more experienced skiiers hitting trees (Sonny Bono & a Kennedy) but on the beginners hill? She must have been really unlucky and hit an exposed rock or ice or something?

New info re the side of the head - thanks for that.

Condolences to the family.

heyang

Record Breaker
apparently if you are going to fall and hit your head...you want to hit the front or the back. Your brain only moves from to back. When you hit the side of your head...your brain actually twists around and causes some detachment which causes bleeding and can be very very bad or even deadly.That's why boxers have such problems because they get blows to the side of the head. Who knew? Thanks to the nuerosurgeon on Good Morning America this morning that explained this bit of info.

that's very interesting. Thanks for posting the info.

She had to be skiing way out of control to fall and hit her head. The interviews with resort staff have been very lacking in detail - i.e. did she slide into a rock/tree? I've skii'd and when I fall, I usuall either end up sitting or falling on my hip 1st.

I was not aware of her 'fame' since I only recall her from the young Lohan's version of The Parent Trap and she hosted on event for AmFar that was catered by Top Chef contestants. I had now idea of her industry pedigree and that she was married to Liam Neason. RIP.

She was very much of the huge talent in her family heritage. Sad.

Two questions about the autopsy. Could this have been diagnosed earlier? Are all head injuries routinely diagnosed for this malady?