Nathan Chen: 'We are really fortunate' | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen: 'We are really fortunate'

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USA’s Nathan Chen grabbed the lead spot after the Men’s Short Program at 2020 Guaranteed Rate Skate America on Friday night, followed by teammate Vincent Zhou and Keegan Messing of Canada.

“Speaking for all the skaters, I think we are really fortunate to have an opportunity like this,” he added. “It’s something that we didn’t really expect to happen, but Orleans (the venue), US Figure Skating, and the ISU did so much to make this happen and I think we are all very grateful.”

More...

What are your thoughts on the Men's SP?

Nathan is truly in a class by himself (unless Yuzuru Hanyu comes back -- then Nathan is in a class of teo.) The confidence and ease of his jumps are breathtaking, like "What, doesn't everyone do a triple flip?"

Ouch that costume though. A short bolero jacked over an expanse of white shirt made him look weirdly proportioned -- too lomg-waisted or something.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ouch that costume though. A short bolero jacked over an expanse of white shirt made him look weirdly proportioned -- too lomg-waisted or something.

Yeah, I'm not sold on that either. It almost seemed to "limit" his arm movement, but that could've been my tired eyes ;)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
“Speaking for all the skaters, I think we are really fortunate to have an opportunity like this,” he added. “It’s something that we didn’t really expect to happen, but Orleans (the venue), US Figure Skating, and the ISU did so much to make this happen and I think we are all very grateful.”

Classy Nathan.

Sums it up pretty well.

The rest is up to the skaters, what they lay down on the ice.