One dress for Bell in Vegas | Golden Skate

One dress for Bell in Vegas

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2020 Skate America kicked off with the Ladies’ Short Program at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas, Nev., on Friday night. USA’s Mariah Bell is currently in first, followed by fellow countrywomen Bradie Tennell and Audrey Shin.

Bell will be skating both programs with the same dress at this event.

“It didn’t feel great in practice today,” she explained of her short program dress. “I didn’t really have a backup, so I decided to wear the long program dress. We are Vegas and have cardboard cut-outs, so anything goes! With age comes more experience and I definitely feel like I’ve been through things in my career that I had to adjust to. Switching a dress out, when you get out there, you don’t think about.”

More...

What great performances tonight!

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Good read.

I was very impressed with Audrey Shin. I hadn't really seen her before or if I did it didn't make much impression on me. I can see how hard Bradie is working on her skating but I did think Mariah had the best SP performance and deserved to be in first. I was surprised that it was by 3 points though. Bradie's set up for the last jump is really, really good btw.

SorrySkater

On the Ice
Did Mariah’s dress look familiar to anyone else? I thought it looked like something Ashley had worn, but I couldn’t find a picture to back that memory.