Nathan Chen | Page 757 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I had assumed the car was leased. They can loan him another one next year:)

Any occasion is worth celebrating with Nathan wearing the teal velvet suit:luv17:

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Chen leads after short program at figure skating worlds:
https://apnews.com/884f7a942a774cf3...lFlow&utm_medium=AP_Sports&utm_source=Twitter

Nathan Chen rises to occasion in short program, builds commanding lead at world championships
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports...anding-lead-world-championships/#.XJOXDURKh24

Figure skating: Defending champion Chen takes strong lead in men's short program:
https://kfgo.com/news/articles/2019...se-pair-take-crown-russians-second-and-third/

Defending world champion Nathan Chen of the United States took a commanding lead in the men's short program at the World Championships on Thursday with a dynamic skate, while home favorite and Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu came in third.

Chen, 19 and juggling training with courses at Yale University, produced a series of clean, crisp quad jumps in his playful and energetic routine that brought a rousing reaction from the audience at Japan's Saitama Super Arena.

"I felt great going up in the air, in the air, felt great and coming down," said Chen, a three-time U.S. champion who took 107.40 points for a season-best score, outstripping compatriot Jason Brown by more than 10 points.

"At the same time I am really happy with how I skated today. It's not a reflection of any other skaters, but I'm just happy with the way I skated."

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker

discode

Final Flight
Yeah, I think this the first time I've ever seen the actual beginning of Caravan? I didn't even know he did that move at the beginning. Japanese broadcasters are always the only ones to film things correctly.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
That opening side kick!

The filming at this Worlds is A+! Thank you to the Japanese broadcasters for capturing this cute part of his program:luv17:

And he did those hops in a circle more cleanly today - one of my favorite parts:love:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yay Nathan! Phew, I was so nervous. I thought I'd wake up after it was over and not have to go through the nerves but I woke up at 4 am (here in the West), just in time to watch the final group. So happy for both Nathan and Jason too!!

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Yay Nathan! Phew, I was so nervous. I thought I'd wake up after it was over and not have to go through the nerves but I woke up at 4 am (here in the West), just in time to watch the final group. So happy for both Nathan and Jason too!!

Glad that you got to watch it live!

I woke up at 4:40am:) - just in time to watch Nathan! I was SO NERVOUS watching live though.

discode

Final Flight
I was less nervous after seeing his great warmup. I'll go back to worrying about that 4F tomorrow. :laugh:

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Getting loaned a new car for a year is not a bad freebie, especially if you can trade up to a new model once the agreement is over ;) In fact it's probably more convenient for Nathan than buying one himself, since who knows if he'll be studying at Yale next season (though considering his track record, I don't think anyone is worried about him balancing his work anymore).

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
B.ESP commentator: 'He is a phenomenal talent. Imagine doing that just skating 45 minutes a day' lol