Nathan Chen | Page 940 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

LutzDance

On the Ice
I've been watching and re-watching Nathan's new programs since they came out, and wow I still can't get over them. I'm always moved by how authentically he expresses the music; his movements seem to be rooted in something inside himself, rather than recited from a book or gilded on the surface in order to please the audience. And such beautiful performances were delivered with the level of tech content that was not too much worse than what he won his 2019 Worlds title with. How blessed I am to be a Nathan fan 😇

alexaa

Final Flight
Nathan is in this “TheNew“ Asian vote Campaign video, almost at the end.

He also showed up in the TeamToyota IG story today, the 2nd one

Skate America update

”USFigureskating announces that #SkateAmerica will be held without fans in the arena: "In strict accordance with the Nevada Gaming Control Board guidelines." No shock here, but officially official. GP assignment lists set to come out as early as next Wednesday.”
https://twitter.com/NickMcCarvel/status/1309537238154383361?s=20

The longest Nathan drought officially ended on Tuesday. Look for a great season ahead for Nathan. Looks like he has a great start.

Maybe sheetz would have a preview of 4lo at SkAm 😆

ETA: check out his IG story for a preview of the New Team Raf anime 😂
https://twitter.com/aboutNathan0505/status/1309550232837922816?s=20

Last edited by a moderator:

1111bm

Final Flight
So will Japan Open be broadcast this saturday, or is that just the date where the competition and gala takes place and the broadcast happens on another date?
(yes I'm too lazy to search for the information myself, because it's gonna be in japanese and difficult to find and make sense of :/)

1111bm

Final Flight
Thank you!
I wonder if they're just gonna reuse the video from ISP to show the SP. 😄 (I hope not... but I also think he'd rather skate a mistake-free version for JO, so maybe only include a 4T?)
Judging by his IG post, it also didn't look like he bothered with a costume, even if only a provisional one. 🤭😌
Or maybe a very simple black top and skating pants type-of-thing? But maybe the photo was taken afterwards, who knows...

Last edited:

1111bm

Final Flight
Hm, I don't know, I was thinking something more tight-fitting? I'm not feeling the puffy sleeves for this music, I'd rather see a sleek, possibly all-black, version of a mariachi costume, a tight short jacket, kind of like Misha's Carmen costume from a few seasons ago, but with a shorter top (but not too costume-y, I would hate for it to look like a silly carnival costume).

A flowy top with wider sleeves would work beautifully for his LP, kind of like the blue blouse from early MLD. But Vera doesn't do flowy, so unless he gets a temporary non-Vera costume, which happens to be flowy, I sadly don't see that happening.

(but honestly, if he were to choose simple black pants and a longsleeve, like he did in 2016 at Finlandia Trophy, I would love that too, I don't really care for a proper costume, I just love the look of comfy, simple clothes *shrug. Although I have to say, his Nike sportswear looks a bit too baggy/oversized on him ;P)

Fireplace7890

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I assumed Nathan would get Skate America but am glad to see it finally confirmed. It’s nice to have something to look forward to and I like both of his programs this year. The video was well done but it will be nice to see them performed in a real event this time.

sheetz

Record Breaker
JO TV promo banner

Shcherbakova on Nathan:
I think it would be cool if there was an opportunity to perform in a pair with some cool single skater. For example, with Nathan Chen, who now, one might say, is moving the history of figure skating forward.

Fireplace7890

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I like the video quality but wish the audio was better. You can barely hear the music and it didn’t help that the commentators talked through the whole program. I’ve had the NBC Sports Gold package the past two years and like that most of the events are commentary-free.

sheetz

Record Breaker
It's probably a matter of time before someone splices the ISP music with the JO video.

This is Nathan's video intro to the program. He says he co-choreographed it with SLB.

What was the commentary about?
dsntedge says she will post a translation of the commentary later.

Nathan skated a show version of Rocketman for CoI wearing a white t-shirt. Mostly triples with 4T, 3A, and backflip.

Last edited: