New experiences ahead for Kolyada | Golden Skate

New experiences ahead for Kolyada

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russia’s Mikhail Kolyada has been on the rise and has established himself as a top skater in the past season, medaling in nearly every event he entered, including a silver medal with the team at the Olympic Winter Games in PyeongChang. Last March, the cheerful 23-year-old became the first Russian man since 2011 to earn a medal at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships when he took the bronze.

More...

He will be working with Lambiel on his new short program and will also go to Calif. in mid-July to work with Rafael Arutyunyan for two weeks.

mrrice

Record Breaker
It is no secret that I love Mikhail.....and his skating. ;) I hope this leads to even more success in his future. I'm very excited to see how this partnership turns out. I wish him the best.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Otherwise known as the one that got away... what do you mean he is not moving to Canada!

colormyworld240

Medalist
Otherwise known as the one that got away... what do you mean he is not moving to Canada!

I think Brian Orser would be perfect for Mikhail. He's already for perfect technique on his jumps and they're huge, and he also has really good skating skills and posture. He needs someone to package him better and give him programs and choreo that highlight his skating, and historically Brian has been really good at those things.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
He needs to stabilize his 4Lz (or just get rid of it), when clean he’s one of my favorite male skaters, if not my favorite. I hope his partnership with Lambiel works and he can get a good program from it.

shine

Record Breaker
I think Brian Orser would be perfect for Mikhail. He's already for perfect technique on his jumps and they're huge, and he also has really good skating skills and posture. He needs someone to package him better and give him programs and choreo that highlight his skating, and historically Brian has been really good at those things.
Is Brian Orser not perfect for anyone at this point? LOL

Sorrento

Record Breaker

Well, now Mikhail is kind of late to the party. Brian's got the full house already. BTW I think that Mikhail's technique of 4Lz is the closest to Yuzuru's so they could have figured it out together if... Now it never happens.

LadyB

Record Breaker

I couldn't agree more. Misha's got what it takes, just needs a bit of fine tuning and who'd better to do that than Brian? Although, I think he'll learn from being with Rafa as well. When his talent comes out to the fore and he'll get a bit more consistent, he'll be right up there and he's a pleasure to watch. I'd love him to skate to Nothing Else Matters! His gala performance totally blew me away. And he's a very loveable lad. :agree:

WBTW I think that Mikhail's technique of 4Lz is the closest to Yuzuru's so they could have figured it out together if... Now it never happens.

Yeah, and...never say never. ;)

Tahuu

On the Ice
Looks like top 3 may get the GPs they wish for: Nathan SA and TdF, Shoma NHK and SC, Mikhail RC and CC.

rnois13

On the Ice
I love that he chose to work with Lambiel, it shows his aim to also skate more beautifully.
I kinda wish Misha permanently moved to Raf just so he and Nathan can be sparring partners but he proves that he is loyal to his coach.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Good thinking to test the programs before the GP season. With new rules there propably will be some thing to adjust. And if he's going to Rafa for two weeks, I want some proofs of interaction with Michal :luv17:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight

I think Mikhail has a very Russian sort of charm to him, so the packaging he gets now fits him alright. I am not rooting for him to go to Orser.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, a Lambiel program on Kolyada :love:

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
That's great news! I think Misha is a bit underrated, his skating skills are really excellent, his jumping technique is great (his 3A is to die for) the only thing he needs is a killer program which Lambiel will surely provide ;) and some more consistency. I'm looking forwards to seeing him next season, he is def one of my favorites :)

iorii

On the Ice
Is Misha Mikhail's diminutive? Confuses me with Misha Ge...

Yay! Love every Lambiel program! :hap10:

khtmyzr

Final Flight
I hope things will work out well for him! I like his style already so I look forward to seeing him more consistent :)

Kelti

Rinkside
Sounds like Kolyada has his summer schedule well planned out:yay: Hopefully we will see some footage of him and Nathan training together!