New experiences ahead for Kolyada | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New experiences ahead for Kolyada

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I think Mikhail has a very Russian sort of charm to him, so the packaging he gets now fits him alright. I am not rooting for him to go to Orser.

Agree on charm part - for me, he has something very distinctive and warm around him, he has such sweet smile and adorableness :). I think he needs more consistency and less guessing himself, progressing with material to accommodate his qualities more, expand his repertoire. He needs quality about his material that will match his skill and then hit it time after time - I think he can get there.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I'm happy he's showing he's not taking any bit of his achievements for granted - which some people think he does. Misha wants to work hard to gain even better things, and I can't fault him for that.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
That's great news! I think Misha is a bit underrated, his skating skills are really excellent, his jumping technique is great (his 3A is to die for) the only thing he needs is a killer program which Lambiel will surely provide ;) and some more consistency. I'm looking forwards to seeing him next season, he is def one of my favorites :)

Underrated? With those inflated scores he gets for error-riddled programs and the endless hype he gets on here? :laugh2: That's an interesting way of looking at things.

If there was justice in the world, he would have been the one to get stuck with Averbukh. They would have been a perfect match.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Underrated? With those inflated scores he gets for error-riddled programs and the endless hype he gets on here? :laugh2: That's an interesting way of looking at things.

If there was justice in the world, he would have been the one to get stuck with Averbukh. They would have been a perfect match.

I just remembered why I don't post on GS that often :)

I don't think he is overscored, he makes mistakes on jumps and gets punished for them like everybody else, and I was very clear that he needs to work on his consistency but he has a ton of features that other skaters who get much more hype than Misha does do not possess and I don't see people praising him for them to be honest. So yes I think he is underrated in that sense. I hope I am allowed to have an opinion and maybe not be rudely laughed at for it...

Tutto

Record Breaker

No Mika related discussion would be complete without you bashing him ;)
Why are so negative, Averbukh might yet surprise you with an excellent program for Dmitri and Lambiel - something not so good for Mikhail...
In the end of the day it was Dmitri team's decision to go to Averbukh, no?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looks like top 3 may get the GPs they wish for: Nathan SA and TdF, Shoma NHK and SC, Mikhail RC and CC.

Did Nathan say those are the two events he wants? I'm not 100% sure the Japanese Fed will want Shoma and NHK. They'll want Hanyu there and they might want both to have a chance to win two events.

alexaa

Final Flight
Did Nathan say those are the two events he wants? I'm not 100% sure the Japanese Fed will want Shoma and NHK. They'll want Hanyu there and they might want both to have a chance to win two events.

Those are the only 2 events Nathan can go without missing much school.

Nathan would be out for shows late July, but at least they should have about a week if nothing else pops up for Nathan or Mika can go to shows with Nathan. :biggrin:

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker

yes - Nathan has mentioned those two events, and they fit into his school schedule (breaks) the best.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Kolyada gets the huge scores regardless of performance because he is the #1 Russian man. When Maxim Kovtun was #1 Russian man, Maxim got the same huge scores despite glaring mistakes, and he didn't have Kolyada's great posture and pleasing personality.

colormyworld240

Medalist
I think Mikhail has a very Russian sort of charm to him, so the packaging he gets now fits him alright. I am not rooting for him to go to Orser.

Really? I didn't think Elvis suited him at all... the SP I liked more, but while the music showed off his presence, the choreo was uninspired.

colormyworld240

Medalist

I didn't like him this season but you can't see where the hype comes from? He has the best jump technique and skating skills of all current Russian senior skaters... ladies and men. And pairs and dance. Well okay, maybe not better skating skills than T/M.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'm with you on this one. Also, I enjoyed reading this interview, I agree with some other posters that he seems to have a very pleasing personality. Furthermore, I always like watching him. He reminds me of Iliya Kulik. Of course he needs to work on his consistency, but he seems to be the first one to acknowledge this.

He reminds me of Iliya as well. So much talent and promise. I hope this move is a successful one.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Really? I didn't think Elvis suited him at all... the SP I liked more, but while the music showed off his presence, the choreo was uninspired.

I don't know, maybe I just like Russian cheese :D

ejnsofi

Final Flight

Kolyada's thread without you would be just boring place.

He has great skating skills, very good jumping technique (except flip which has deeper outside edge than majority of ladies' lutzes) and nice spins for a man. Does he have consistency? No. Does he bomb? Yes. But so do many other man. Probably excellent sport psychologist would be a great help.

And don't worry about his programs. Better pray for Dmitri not getting AIDS themed program because it's something Averbukh hasn't done yet.

Danibellerika

Medalist

He has great skating skills, very good jumping technique (except flip which has deeper outside edge than majority of ladies' lutzes) and nice spins for a man. Does he have consistency? No. Does he bomb? Yes. But so do many other man. Probably excellent sport psychologist would be a great help.

And don't worry about his programs. Better pray for Dmitri not getting AIDS themed program because it's something Averbukh hasn't done yet.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
If there's someone who desperately need more push and maybe a foreign coach is Igor Efimchuk.

He's AMAZING, artistically i think the best male skater in Russia, unfortunately he struggles with stamina a lot.

Didn't know Aliev's programs are now choreographed by Averbukh... oh boy...

He used to be a great chroeographer before he started to go all in with the unnecessary VOs.

Look at his works for Elena Radionova.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If there's someone who desperately need more push and maybe a foreign coach is Igor Efimchuk.

He's AMAZING, artistically i think the best male skater in Russia, unfortunately he struggles with stamina a lot.

Didn't know Aliev's programs are now choreographed by Averbukh... oh boy...

He used to be a great chroeographer before he started to go all in with the unnecessary VOs.

Look at his works for Elena Radionova.

I believe he's just doing the FS this season and Dima's normal choreographer is still doing the SP.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Somehow I seem to have deleted my original post, which mrrrice thankfully retained while responding to it. It's odd (to me) how some of us want to be negative about a skater who knows his own faults and limits, and wants to do something about them. He already has the charisma (and some even are negative about that). I don't get all this. Isn't it just lovely that a promising skater admits to having issues and tries to work on them? He was so angry with himself at the Olympics, and didn't shy away from admitting that. Hurrah for him! And this interview just confirms all this. Can't we just be pleased for a skater who knows his faults, wants to work on them, and happens to be a really nice guy in the process? Yeah, I know others have stated this as well. It's just hurtful that some seem to find enjoyment in bashing a young man who has done nothing wrong but not always skating to his ability. He didn't want that to happen, it just did, and he wants to try and prevent it from happening again. I love him, if only because he admits to his faults and wants to work on them. That I enjoy his skating, is just an extra.