OGM for team USA! | Golden Skate

OGM for team USA!

yesterday

Record Breaker
you might want to take that here ->

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
you might want to take that here ->
For me, this isnt so much story about one person doping or cheating , or a team or nation...that has gone on systematically for many decades...
This is a story of an athlete who for 10 years did not know, or who knew but was not acknowleged, to be the true OGM winner....then suddenly finding out the whole world ackowledges you as the true OGM winner and you know you will have one given to you...that you got it the old fashioned way....you earned it.... :)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For me, this isnt so much story about one person doping or cheating , or a team or nation...that has gone on systematically for many decades...
This is a story of an athlete who for 10 years did not know, or who knew but was not acknowleged, to be the true OGM winner....then suddenly finding out the whole world ackowledges you as the true OGM winner and you know you will have one given to you...that you got it the old fashioned way....you earned it.... :)
Except she was robbed of the pinnacle of her sporting career... standing atop of the podium and hearing her anthem play for her at the Olympic Games, and she'll never get that back. For 10 years she's been robbed of the notoriety and financial benefits that would have come her way by virtue of being an Olympic champion. She might have been on a Wheaties box back then, but she won't now. She'll never recoup the lost opportunities.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's getting her medal... but that drugged out athlete REALLY should have to pay a price other than losing her medal and being banned from competition 10 years after the fact.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Except she was robbed of the pinnacle of her sporting career... standing atop of the podium and hearing her anthem play for her at the Olympic Games, and she'll never get that back. For 10 years she's been robbed of the notoriety and financial benefits that would have come her way by virtue of being an Olympic champion. She might have been on a Wheaties box back then, but she won't now. She'll never recoup the lost opportunities.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's getting her medal... but that drugged out athlete REALLY should have to pay a price other than losing her medal and being banned from competition 10 years after the fact.
ITA. Banning should be lifetime. And there should be other penalties. And it should be so for cheating judges. But its not.

macy

Record Breaker
its very sad it took over ten years for this to be solved...so many missed opportunities she'll never get back. imo they should begin making countries with athletes guilty of doping pay a fine to each of the athletes they robbed of a medal (or the correct color). maybe a certain amount per medal, per year.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the sad part is that this has happened MANY times over and over... I get the sympathy expressed towards the athlete here, but there are so many of them in that position... where to start? Just with the current doping affair in figure skating, none of these athletes, no matter how the podium ends up being, will have lived their olympic podium moment the way it was going to be... and it's already been almost a year now.