Oksana Bulycheva, best figure skating coach you've never heard of! | Golden Skate

Oksana Bulycheva, best figure skating coach you've never heard of!

brakes

On the Ice
Best coach you've never heard of, Oksana Bulycheva got herself a Russian novice champion today - 10yo Valeria Lukashova. :clap::points:

268979817_1.png

Former students of Oksana include:
- Anna Shcherbakova (Olympic, World, Russian champion),
- Daria Usacheva (JGP, GP medalist),
- Sofia Akatieva (JGP winner, Russian junior champion),
- Alyona Kanysheva (JGP and JGPF medalist),
- Yekaterina Mitrofanova (JGP medalist),
- Alina Soloviova (Triglav Trophy winner, now in pairs Russian Cup Final medalist) and others.

She's been working with the youngest kids in "Khrustalnyi" Sambo-70 since 2003, recently she created her own "Bulycheva school" in another rink (still under Sambo-70).
Knowing there are plenty great children coaches out there and every Olympic champion has her/his first coach, the number and class of those names prove Oksana is truly special! I just wanted to honor her as she's very humble person, doesn't give interviews, first time I read her words and heard her speaking after her pupil Anna Shcherbakova won Olympics. Congratulations and respect for your hard, successful work, Oksana! đź‘Ź

268981959_274773966_4770302599754508_7985799120674887409_n.jpg

Last edited:

beachmouse

On the Ice
I really enjoy learning about excellent age 10& under coaches. The skill set to do it well takes a real finesse when it comes to knowing how to get the young ones to be willing to put in a foundation work and build a love of the sport that will later carry them through the hardest future training blocks and then when you have a coach who can do that and not move over to older skaters and the glory that comes when you’re going on international competition trips, those coaches are so often the overlooked gems and backbone of a sport.