Olympic figure skater, coaches being investigated for allegations | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Olympic figure skater, coaches being investigated for allegations

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Ciprès probably senses his cover will fall from grace soon, and he will be left hanging out to dry in the winds of disgust and worse coming his way.

oly2018

Final Flight
This is what happens when you make a deal with the devil. I am not surprised at all that Didier is willing to throw anyone and everyone under the bus in order to save himself.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder where all those people who were making excuses for Cipres and blaming the victim are now?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
There can be no denying it now.

This makes me wonder with Dider’s remarks hopefully we can get a speedy Safe Sport report. Dragging it on benefits no one, there has to be a compromise between being thorough and keeping people in legal limbo.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Christine Brennan has reported on Twitter that the former skater who alleges that Cipres sent her the photographs was interviewed by SafeSport at last, on Friday.

The timeline, more than two years out from the incident and also significantly after the report was made, not only gives a good sense of how long SafeSport investigations take but also suggests how overburdened the organisation is, given that it handles allegations and investigations not only from figure skating but also from basically every other organised sport in the US, at every level.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Christine Brennan has reported on Twitter that the former skater who alleges that Cipres sent her the photographs was interviewed by SafeSport at last, on Friday.

The timeline, more than two years out from the incident and also significantly after the report was made, not only gives a good sense of how long SafeSport investigations take but also suggests how overburdened the organisation is, given that it handles allegations and investigations not only from figure skating but also from basically every other organised sport in the US, at every level.

I’m glad SafeSport is taking this seriously. They can only control his actions in the US though, correct? They couldn’t, for example, prevent him from competing at Worlds or Olympics?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m glad SafeSport is taking this seriously. They can only control his actions in the US though, correct? They couldn’t, for example, prevent him from competing at Worlds or Olympics?

This is correct. SafeSport is the investigatory body for US sports. I see no evidence that they do not take complaints seriously, and in fact, because they take every complaint seriously, investigations will take as long as they take.

It would be up to the French Fed to impose sanctions on their skaters or up to the ISU or Olympic governing body to impose sanctions for their events. They are not bound by a SafeSport finding.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This is rather shallow but you would think Morgan's PR team would clean up his instagram account or ask him not to keep on posting pictures that generally make him look like a "player" often in states of undress.

It is sad that Vanessa gets affected by all this. A moment of bad judgement to put itmildly has destroyed or affected somany lives. I hope the gir is able to heal from this and according to one post it appears Morganis also getting counselling.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
This is rather shallow but you would think Morgan's PR team would clean up his instagram account or ask him not to keep on posting pictures that generally make him look like a "player" often in states of undress.

It is sad that Vanessa gets affected by all this. A moment of bad judgement to put itmildly has destroyed or affected somany lives. I hope the gir is able to heal from this and according to one post it appears Morganis also getting counselling.

I am seriously starting to doubt James' character, unless she is infatuated by her partner or morally blind.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States

It’s very possible that the long interview that SafeSport had with the victim covered far more than his involvement & centered on matters that it DOES have jurisdiction over — the actions of U.S. coaches & any officials who became involved.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Good point and it is the France FEderation that rules over Mr. Cipres. Criminally that is different. I suppose Safesport might be able to control who skates in various American arenas.