On Site Reports @ Worlds 2016 | Page 32 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports @ Worlds 2016

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the reports. I wonder if it would be better for s/k to do a quality 2tw instead of a crashy triple- or would they lose too many points?

No idea about the points but they still should go for it since they are obviously in it to win it. But it was better than in competion.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mirai fell on first jump, popped 2nd, landed loop(?), 2a/3t/2t (3t looked <), the jump combo after this looked under (1st jump). She's skates kinda slow.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mao did no jumps in her run through.

Elizabet, 3lutz/2t/2loop (not the best landing of the lutz), 3fip (same as lutz, not the best landing). Clean run through. This music is just too mature for her, IMO. Hey Matmuh, whose the lady that always sitting with her?

Rika clean run through. Love her speed and power but she needs to work on her posture (her and Radionova) like now.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Mao did no jumps in her run through.

Elizabet, 3lutz/2t/2loop (not the best landing of the lutz), 3fip (same as lutz, not the best landing). Clean run through. This music is too mature for her. Hey Matmuh, whose the lady that always sitting with her?

Riks clean run through. Love her speed and power but she needs to work on her posture (her and Radionova) like now.

its her mom , thanks for the report!! :thank:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Daleman's jumps look a little shaky but still landed.

Okay, top 6 on the ice!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Radio no jumps. She's so much taller when last I saw her at SA. Haters of her music I weep with you :sad4:

Med did a clean run through and threw in a 3lutz/3t/3t and 3s/3t/3t just because she can :p

Satoko clean run through.

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pogo no pogosplats. Hand down on 1st lutz, doubled 2nd lutz, everything else clean.

Gracie two footed 2a in combo with 3t, struggled a bit on last jump and fought for it. All jumps landed.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wagner all the jumps she attempted landed cleanly including 3/3 combo.

And that's it. Showtime in about an hour :yahoo:

humbaba

Final Flight
Thanks so much to all of you who have taken the time to give us on-site reports.

:thank: :thank:

Greta

On the Ice
Mao's run through without jumps was so pretty, IMO. I wasn't that into her LP seeing it on TV, but it was just lovely in person.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Ran into Max and Adam at the same time in the lobby! :yes2:

Also Tyler Pierce and a crowd of girls getting a group picture with them, lol!

gotoschool

Medalist
How did Mao do in the practice? How were her jumps?

Here are some clips of a successful triple axel. I also read that she did a better one than this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDs9V1BKEI4/

https://twitter.com/TelmoFe/status/716281494310928385

Thanks to RadSotnikhanovich who reported that Mao did not do any jumps in runthroughs. I don't know why, but I did read that Coach Sato informed that Mao had discomfort in her knee and that this had caused her not to practice as much as she would have liked.

Here is the same link with a lot of other jumps. It shows Mao doing a 2A / 3T and another triple ( I think a salchow) from far away that look nice.

https://twitter.com/TelmoFe

- - - Updated - - -

How did Mao do in the practice? How were her jumps?

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Two sightings today! First I ran into Soyoun Park during the ice resurfacing and she was very nice! I guess she was either leaving the arena or going to a seat?

And then I was riding the train back from the arena and I overheard Grant Hochstein talking to some other people about patrick chan's ice wine :laugh: he also mentioned how patrick is good with little kids :laugh:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Made it to airport gate despite being singled out and given a public groin search. Luckily, I didnt wear loose pants or they would have fallen. Blizzard has stopped for now. Not looking good for Monday. (l was also profiled and search at arena security. Is this because I look like James Bond-Daniel Craig?)

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Made it to airport gate despite being singled out and given a public groin search. Luckily, I didnt wear loose pants or they would have fallen. Blizzard has stopped for now. Not looking good for Monday. (l was also profiled and search at arena security. Is this because I look like James Bond-Daniel Craig?)

You're leaving Chris? I'm so sorry I missed you at this event. Maybe I will see you if I get tickets to TCC then. I also wore the lanyard you sent me! Thanks again for that :)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
No gala for you Chris? :(

Heading over for the exhibition now to wrap up an amazing (but loooong) week here in Boston. Ready to head home this evening!

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I have had just the best time. I am tired but so, so happy! I was worried before I came that I might find it underwhelming (it is my first time seeing a competition live), but I needn't have! I am over the moon and my expectations have been exceeded. Yah!

To top it all, I went for a drink last night and saw T/M, V/T, Paul Poirier, SinKats and coaches drinking / eating together. Nikita was giving her a massage for you SinKats fans. ;-) And then got to say hello / congrats to Brian Orser, Javier (yelp!) Guillaume (double yelp!) and Vanessa James. The last three graciously posed for a photo together. Guillaume gave Javi a big hug of congrats when he arrived with Vanessa. Then he was helping Vanessa because she was in towering heels and the pavement was uneven. So sweet. Made the end of my night!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Yikes! Clearly you look like the most dangerous of persons. ;) anyways it was great to meet you and thanks for all the roster organizing!