On Site Reports @ Worlds 2016 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports @ Worlds 2016

ioanna

Record Breaker
I even posted a link to Satoko's SP run-through earlier and it was a clean program.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Satoko fell right in front of me. I remember it clearly, because I rarely ever see her fall so it's always a surprise.

Ok, but Jackie Wong didn't mention it and he wrote she skated a clean run-through. That doesn't mean she has fallen a lot, as Layback11 said.

ETA: just checked his site to see his full observation and she had one fall. So in reality it's

Miyahara: 3Lo, 3T, 2F, SP runthru (3Lz3T, 3F, 2A), 3Lz(hangs on), 3Lz(fall), 3Lz2T2Lo, 3Lz2T2Lo

Nagasu: 2A, 3T, 3T, 3Lo, 3F2T(fall), 3F3T(fall), 3F3T; FS runthru (3F3T(fall), 3Lz(e?), 3S, 2A3T(ur, stepout), 3Lo2T, 3Lo, 2A), 3F3T<, 3F(stepout), 3F3T

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw a video on TSL's Facebook page of Alaine doing her SP. Was that 3T in her 3Lz-3T fully rotated? I couldn't tell cause the video showed her SO close to the board.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
was Elizabet at practice? i didnt see any report about her :confused:

LRK

Record Breaker
Jackie Wong ‏@rockerskating · 1m1 minute ago
"Our next skater is June Hyoung Lee representing Ukraine!" #announcerwoes #Worlds2016

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"Our next skater is June Hyoung Lee representing Ukraine!" #announcerwoes #Worlds2016

Oh dear. Has the smh moment gone from mispronouncing names to mixing up the countries?

And I do not mean to be offensive in any way I swear.

Layback11

Record Breaker

Oh, dear...the announcer should already know where the skater is from, but even if he/she didn't, the name June Hyoung Lee doesn't sound even vaguely Ukranian...maybe someone put the wrong countries on whatever the announcer is reading off of as an early April Fool's prank? :p

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, dear...the announcer should already know where the skater is from, but even if he/she didn't, the name June Hyoung Lee doesn't sound even vaguely Ukranian...maybe someone put the wrong countries on whatever the announcer is reading off of as an early April Fool's prank? :p

Speaking of April Fools, there better NOT be any pranks or jokes that day during the competition.....and also when I'm on the plane....

I swear April Fools is the most pointless holiday ever.

begin

Medalist

You overestimate us typical Americans if you think we're that cultured lol

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

You can't tell the nationalities of skaters by their names these days. E.g. Misha Ge, Denis Ten, Maia and Alex Shibutani, Julian Yee, Patrick Chan, Chris Reed, Nam Nguyen, Rebeka Kim/Kirill Minov, etc, etc, and I'm leaving out the hard to spell former Soviet skaters currently representing other countries.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You can't tell the nationalities of skaters by their names these days. E.g. Misha Ge, Denis Ten, Maia and Alex Shibutani, Julian Yee, Patrick Chan, Chris Reed, Nam Nguyen, Rebeka Kim/Kirill Minov, etc, etc, and I'm leaving out the hard to spell former Soviet skaters currently representing other countries.

True. Like I know some people from school that are first generation Americans and have last names from many different ethnicities.

Last edited:

Suze

Rinkside
Lol. I think the announcer just made an honest mistake. These things happen sometimes. 😄