Orford/ Williams split | Golden Skate

Orford/ Williams split

cjmorton29

Rinkside
I am not sure if this has been discussed in other threads, but I didn't see a thread dedicated to it, soo...

In this article from IceNetwork from nearly a month ago, it mentions that Canadian dancers Orford & Williams have split.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015...nn-tidbits-young-nation-with-middle-age-roots

While I did really like this team, I am not entirely surprised, and I am excited by the idea of new partnerships.

So, who do you guys think either one should be paired with. If Asher Hill is still looking, maybe he and Nicole could partner up. And they train with Edwards/ Pang, so maybe after their somewhat disappointing season they'll be looking to make new partnerships for the senior level?

I can't help but feeling like this may be one of the first of many breakup announcements in the next couple months.

Flaya

Match Penalty
Good luck to both skaters!

It doesn't necessarily mean that Paul and Islam are safe as far as being the third pair.

Could Bent/MacKeen or Edwards/Pang challenge for that third spot next year?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I am not sure if this has been discussed in other threads, but I didn't see a thread dedicated to it, soo...

In this article from IceNetwork from nearly a month ago, it mentions that Canadian dancers Orford & Williams have split.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015...nn-tidbits-young-nation-with-middle-age-roots

While I did really like this team, I am not entirely surprised, and I am excited by the idea of new partnerships.

So, who do you guys think either one should be paired with. If Asher Hill is still looking, maybe he and Nicole could partner up. And they train with Edwards/ Pang, so maybe after their somewhat disappointing season they'll be looking to make new partnerships for the senior level? ...

Thx for the thread. At the time of the IN article, the Orford/Williams split was noted in at least one GS thread (on a larger and/or related topic), but did not have its own thread, AFAIK.

I for one hope that Edwards/Pang will stick together and forge ahead. They did not match the success of 2013-14, but I love their partnership.

Wish the best to Maddie/Zhao Kai, Nicole, Thomas, and Asher.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IMO, Edwards has gotten just a bit too big for Pang. Some of their lifts have looked awkward.

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
I don't think either E/P or B/M will have the ability to challenge for 3rd. Personally, I think they should have both been behind Poulin/Servant this year. P/S struggled with injury the last 2 seasons, but if they can come back healthy, they could be very lovely. They have the seasoning, good physical match, great lines, and very clean feet. I think P/O will also continue to do well. Like P/S, I think they have been good for quite awhile, and started to get noticed for it this year. I remember both teams from Junior, and both were promising then. The other team to really watch, who I think has the potential to outshine them all, is DelMaestro/Lum. They are still a relatively new team, who are developing into something really special. By 2018, they could be challenging for an Olympic spot in Canada, and perhaps be top 10 in the world. It was a real shame they could not go to Junior Worlds this year, even though they are the Canadian Junior Dance Champions. Such an embarrassing amount of talent in Canada!

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
The other team to really watch, who I think has the potential to outshine them all, is DelMaestro/Lum. They are still a relatively new team, who are developing into something really special. By 2018, they could be challenging for an Olympic spot in Canada, and perhaps be top 10 in the world. It was a real shame they could not go to Junior Worlds this year, even though they are the Canadian Junior Dance Champions.

I was EXTREMELY favorably impressed by D/L on the JGP last year. Here's hoping for a great 2015-16 season for them!

I love the expression/connection of E/P, but I'm concerned for their long term future.