Pairing up single skaters into ice dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairing up single skaters into ice dance

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For real - Andrew Dodds, who competed for Australia in singles at US Classic and ACI, will make his international ice dance debut with partner Chantelle Kerry at Cup of Nice in a couple of weeks.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
For real - Andrew Dodds, who competed for Australia in singles at US Classic and ACI, will make his international ice dance debut with partner Chantelle Kerry at Cup of Nice in a couple of weeks.

well karne, i wish him all the best in ice dance. he is quite lyrical and has a nice flexible back... but the jumps this weekend were not there... so best of luck to them in ice dance.

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
Just theoretically - Anastasiya Gubanova & Deniss Vasiļjevs (ice dance) :luv17:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yuna and Evgenia (the forum would implode if that happened tbh)

If we're talking ice dance though, I'd love to see Scott and Guillaume dance together.. just for science :biggrin:
Or Tessa and Elena (two talented ladies making the ice melt lol)

Just for science LMAO

lappo

Final Flight
I remember an interview with past and present Team Japan single skaters when they asked this question. If I remember correctly Dai said that he would love to dance with Akiko and Meryl; can't remember the others, only that Hanyu said that he would not like to dance with another person. Can't find it, but maybe some people know where to find it.

Ender

Match Penalty
I remember an interview with past and present Team Japan single skaters when they asked this question. If I remember correctly Dai said that he would love to dance with Akiko and Meryl; can't remember the others, only that Hanyu said that he would not like to dance with another person. Can't find it, but maybe some people know where to find it.
Hanyu might not be able to lift anyone... but I guess Medvedeva is light enough.

Ender

Match Penalty
That's because there isn't one unless they're already an ice dancer. Yuka Sato would work and they've proven so skating together in shows.

We won't talk about why I don't think Caro pairs with him. :sarcasm:

That will be all.
Oh well why so serious, it's not like they're going to skate together in reality. We are just paring up skaters based on their skills and looks.

lappo

Final Flight
Hanyu might not be able to lift anyone... but I guess Medvedeva is light enough.

I don't have the text of the interview but I remember that the question was more or less like the one in this thread, not meant to be taken seriously (thinking about technical stuff and so on...). The other skaters answered with one or two options, he said something like "I would not like to skate with another person because I would have to care about her too" and to me it seemed a way not to be polite while not giving an actual name, maybe because he is shy?

Lambiel and Caro already paired up for shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqEC6OLkmJ4

Ender

Match Penalty
I don't have the text of the interview but I remember that the question was more or less like the one in this thread, not meant to be taken seriously (thinking about technical stuff and so on...). The other skaters answered with one or two options, he said something like "I would not like to skate with another person because I would have to care about her too" and to me it seemed a way not to be polite while not giving an actual name, maybe because he is shy?

Lambiel and Caro already paired up for shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqEC6OLkmJ4
Thanks...
Lambiel is such a gentleman on ice...

I suddenly think of a possible team... what about Fernandez and Alena Leonova? Their programs are often alike...

anyanka

Record Breaker
Please let Javi and Miki Ando become a real-life dance team. The question then becomes: which country do they compete for???