Patrick Chan | Page 588 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I went for the thank you canada show yesterday.

Patrick’s POTO was just stunning. I was taken back to first seeing it performed and it brought tears to my eyes. His movement in this version and in his skate to Storm was so organic ...his blade work divine.

By the time the next skaters came on deck my other faves VM I was outright sobbing. An embarrassment to my daughter.

you have taught passion to your daughter tonight, not embarrassment

m0001

On the Ice
Patrick Chan named Athlete Ambassador for the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final

https://skatecanada.ca/2018/12/patr...u-grand-prix-of-figure-skating-final-2018-19/

VANCOUVER, BC: Skate Canada is pleased to announce that ten-time Canadian champion and three-time world champion Patrick Chan will serve as the official Athlete Ambassador during the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final® 2018-19. The event takes place from December 6-9 in Vancouver, B.C., at the Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre.

“To be named Athlete Ambassador for the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final is truly a special honour,” said Chan. “This event brings back many wonderful memories for me, and it is a privilege to represent all athletes competing in Vancouver this week.”

In his eight appearances at the Grand Prix Final, Chan medalled on four occasions, including back-to-back gold medal triumphs in 2010 and 2011. Chan won his first of a record ten Canadian titles in Vancouver in 2008, and also won his 10th in Vancouver last January. He has captured three Olympic medals, winning silver in both the individual and team events at the Sochi Games in 2014, and gold in the team event in PyeongChang.

“We are honoured to have Patrick as our athlete ambassador for this event. Over his career he has taken part and won medals at every major skating event, as an athlete he knows what it takes to stand atop the podium,” said Debra Armstrong, CEO, Skate Canada. “Patrick has inspired Canadians and fans worldwide with his skating and this week in Vancouver we know he will leave an impact on the fans at the Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre.”

In his role of Athlete Ambassador, Chan will handle speaking engagements and media interviews, conduct appearances on behalf of competing athletes and interact with skating fans throughout the week.

Chan announced his retirement from competitive skating in April 2018. He is currently residing in Vancouver where he stays involved in the skating community through seminars and performing in skating shows across Canada.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Close encounters of the Patrick kind! He was wandering around at GPF interacting with people and doing other things to fulfill his role as Athlete Ambassador. Not sure what he was doing here. I think he was getting ready to do some tv commentary.https://pic.twitter.com/2y5i6uS55s

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
In Scott Moir's Player's Own Voice interview, he said what he remembers from Sochi is Patrick and what they said to each other after Patrick got individual silver. I can hear the heartbreak in Scott's voice even four years later. Patrick looked at him and said, "It was right there for me," and Scott responded "You're the best in the world; it was always there for you, it was always gonna be yours." This makes me :cry: and :) at the same time. Who knows how many more such moments there were/are between friends that we'll never hear about. Patrick is Scott's "favorite skater of all time." :agree: Nice to hear a new tidbit, another piece of evidence of how deep their bond is. When Scott said in Pyeongchang, "We wanted to do this [win team gold] for Chiddy," he really meant it. :love:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Two people texted me that they saw Patrick in Vail Colorado today :think:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sam, did your friends not tell you why?

Patrick and many well-known U.S. skaters are in Vail to perform in an ice show. They all are posting on Instagram about it. Alex Johnson; Joe Johnson and Karina Manta; Paige Rydberg; Livvy Shilling; Max Settlage and Winter Deardorff; Karen Chen; and perhaps others. [ETA: I think Erika Smith and AJ Reiss also, but too many skaters for me to remember.]