Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier

rain

Record Breaker
I haven't been enthralled by their FD this season until nationals. All of the changes they made have really elevated it to be yet another masterpiece. I think it's clearly now the best of the FD's of the top group behind the French team. I can't wait to see it when it's got more miles on it. There are so many highlights and moments where the choreography is married to the music. And of course they are masters at creating a mood.

Now team, those RD costumes....please change them.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This TV commercial began airing shortly after Piper & Paul were named to the Olympic team. Is the video geoblocked outside of Canada?

Related promotional images:
Paul-_-Piper-Tile-Card.jpg

Paul-_-Piper.jpg

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
I was gutted for them in the RD in the team event. This has to be their worst nightmare. Not only were they not challenging Hubbell and Donohue, but they lost a placement to Guinard and Fabri. On the plus side, looking at the protocols it looks like it was all about lost levels. The judges seemed to like them just fine, but the tech caller did them in. I'm sure they'll be scouring video before the individual event to get those levels up. I thought they skated great (and I prefer Piper's new costume). I hope this doesn't make them tight.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I was gutted for them in the RD in the team event. This has to be their worst nightmare. Not only were they not challenging Hubbell and Donohue, but they lost a placement to Guinard and Fabri. On the plus side, looking at the protocols it looks like it was all about lost levels. The judges seemed to like them just fine, but the tech caller did them in. I'm sure they'll be scouring video before the individual event to get those levels up. I thought they skated great (and I prefer Piper's new costume). I hope this doesn't make them tight.
I haven't watched, but considering Canada was out of race for medal anyway (losing Keegan was a big blow to team Canada), I guess it's better to lose levels now. They will for sure analyze it, and let's hope in individual event they will get those levels.

rain

Record Breaker
Well, another disappointing day for G/P. Are they not-so-subtly being told they have no chance at the podium in the individual event? I thought they should have scored much better in that FD. They were absolutely superb, but wound up nowhere near the top two in scores. Very worried for them for the individual event. I thought they deserved much better. I believe they deserve to at least be in the same conversation at the top two here.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm super nervous for them. I really thought they'd have a chance for podium in the individual dance, but it's going to be tougher than I thought.
Well, I know there are several top class teams and only three medals...but they looked so fantastic and going from strength to strength over the past two seasons. Hoping for the best.