Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm at the stress point of thinking to rather NOT watch the Worlds (which is probably stupid, but my nerves and stress mechanisms are working in a pretty weird way...).
I understand that health should always go first, especially for athletes, but...I just can't get past the bitterness of them having the worst luck in a season like this. I just can't, especially after 4cc which fulfilled my bitterness quota for two more seasons in advance (lol, I know I'm being way too dramatic, but I can't help myself, please forgive me).

The other day I re-watched Evita and RD run-throughs I recorded while being at GP Espoo. And the clip very kind Finnish lady recorded of me getting Piper and Paul their crowns after VC. It sparked joy again. The feeling that it WAS a good season, regardless how it will end. That they looked so good when they are ON. When they are doing their thing, liked universally or not.
Yeah, I'm a pessimist to the bone (especially about figure skating), but I just hope they can skate their hearts out of those programs, for themselves. To cap the season with sense of satisfaction and pride. Judging wise, I don't count on anything at this point (and I pray I can restrain myself from checking info on tech panel/judges panel at Worlds once known lol).

Let it be a good adventure for Piper and Paul. I want to see what I saw in Espoo, that kind of narrative finesse in performance they had, the ease and expressiveness.

20221125_202312.jpg

20221126_113005.jpg

momrk

Medalist
Country
United-States
Like everyone else, this news took my breath away for a moment. Tremendous respect as others have said for what they accomplished this entire season, both while knowing she was facing surgery and the potential of a cancer diagnosis, and then somehow finding the will and perseverance to make it to World's. That bronze medal is an unbelievable accomplishment in the face of all of this. Wishing her only good things going forward, whatever she decides re continuing to skate/retiring.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique