Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier | Page 36 | Golden Skate

Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier

rain

Record Breaker
Piper and Paul were spectacular at nationals. I hope to see a similar performance at 4CC.

My one quibble is that I think Paul should get rid of the mullet. I know he's doing it for the 80s theme (at least I assume so), but it is just so trashy and looks unkempt. It's a hairstyle I've never been able to stand, and not everyone in the 80s had one. Also of course just drilling that rhythm dance for every point, so that every edge is so clear that a blind person would call the turns clean.

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Piper and Paul were spectacular at nationals. I hope to see a similar performance at 4CC.

My one quibble is that I think Paul should get rid of the mullet. I know he's doing it for the 80s theme (at least I assume so), but it is just so trashy and looks unkempt. It's a hairstyle I've never been able to stand, and not everyone in the 80s had one. Also of course just drilling that rhythm dance for every point, so that every edge is so clear that a blind person would call the turns clean.
So many of the ice dancers have embraced the 80's theme, it's been so much fun watching them present a time when I became a teenager. Mullets were very much a thing at that time, I love that Paul wears his hair like that... not trashy at all! Bring on the mullet!!

rain

Record Breaker
So many of the ice dancers have embraced the 80's theme, it's been so much fun watching them present a time when I became a teenager. Mullets were very much a thing at that time, I love that Paul wears his hair like that... not trashy at all! Bring on the mullet!!
Like I said, not everyone sported a mullet in the 80s. Paul could channel one of those who didn't, lol. And I certainly think a more sophisticated look would work better for the free.

slider11

Medalist
Paul's hair is more of a pompadour, not a mullet. Think John Travolta - Saturday Night Fever.