Poland JGP Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Poland JGP Entries

skatenewbie

Medalist
i wonder how Daria do, after Tarakanova bombs. Daria also not clean in her LP before and expectation of her getting into JGPF after winning first JGP may pressured her and affect her skating! honestly i want Eunsoo wins, since if Daria is 2nd she will still qualified to JGPF, hoping fot the best to the girls :agree:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIM (KOR) were removed from Pairs

The Finn

Record Breaker
Russian Fed didn't do any changes.

I am a bit surprised that Kostornaya will make her debut here. In the previous years they usually had chosen the best skaters from the previous Russian Junior Nationals. Also the other important domestic competitions of the previous season and the test skate events of current season were taken into consideration. In the past those who did well at the early domestic events didn't get JGP events. The fact that Kostornaya will get JGP event(s) despite the fact that she wasn't invited at the test skate event might indicate changes in the way Russian Fed has traditionally given out the JGP spots, or it might indicate that they just think very highly of Kostornaya.

oleada

Record Breaker
Russian Fed didn't do any changes.

I am a bit surprised that Kostornaya will make her debut here. In the previous years they usually had chosen the best skaters from the previous Russian Junior Nationals. Also the other important domestic competitions of the previous season and the test skate events of current season were taken into consideration. In the past those who did well at the early domestic events didn't get JGP events. The fact that Kostornaya will get JGP event(s) despite the fact that she wasn't invited at the test skate event might indicate changes in the way Russian Fed has traditionally given out the JGP spots, or it might indicate that they just think very highly of Kostornaya.
That's not exactly true. Anna Pogorilaya won the Moscow Open, same as Kostornaya, back in 2012. She got assigned to the next to last event, won the gold, then competed the following week and won bronze, made it to the final, and the rest is history. She had only finished 13th at JN the year before. No idea if she was at the test skate. So there's a precedent for it.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Sorry, but it's not true.
Alina Zagitova did not qualified for the control skates in the last season. She was included in the list at the very last moment, with the wording "according to the decision of the coaching council." All the same, she has been no chance to get the GP stage. However, with the same magic wording "according to the decision of the coaching council" Alina got the already first JGP stage. From this JGP stage she began her way upward.

Sorry, but it is true.
Alina was 9th at the previous Junior Nationals and she was 4th at the Russian Cup Final and she lost bronze only by 0.14 points. Getting JGP event next season wasn't really that surprising.

The Finn

Record Breaker
That's not exactly true. Anna Pogorilaya won the Moscow Open, same as Kostornaya, back in 2012. She got assigned to the next to last event, won the gold, then competed the following week and won bronze, made it to the final, and the rest is history. She had only finished 13th at JN the year before. No idea if she was at the test skate. So there's a precedent for it.

That is not true, the winner of the Moscow Open that year didn't get JGP event(s) that season. Anna was 2nd that year and she did get JGP event but at the time she had already skated at two Russian Junior Nationals. She may not have been a favourite to get JGP events then but getting an JGP event after placing 13th at the previous Russian Nationals isn't totally uncommon, especially since she had medaled at Russian Youth Nationals. She had also skated at Russian Cup Final in the previous season.

Kostornaya did qualify Russian Nationals last season, she was 16th there but she has never qualified any of the other main competitions, like Russian Cup Final or Russian Youth Championships.

hanca

Record Breaker
That is not true, the winner of the Moscow Open that year didn't get JGP event(s) that season. Anna was 2nd that year and she did get JGP event but at the time she had already skated at two Russian Junior Nationals. She may not have been a favourite to get JGP events then but getting an JGP event after placing 13th at the previous Russian Nationals isn't totally uncommon, especially since she had medaled at Russian Youth Nationals. She had also skated at Russian Cup Final in the previous season.

Kostornaya did qualify Russian Nationals last season, she was 16th there but she has never qualified any of the other main competitions, like Russian Cup Final or Russian Youth Championships.
Russian federation is taking into account the current skating. The nationals were 8 months ago. A lot can happen with ladies in eight months. Look at junior pairs. You posted somewhere who you believe are the strongest pairs. Russian federation chose different pairs for their events and I would say with the exception of one pair they have been pretty accurate with their choices. They based it more on the test skates and current level of skating rather than what one can assume according to their past results.

madison

Record Breaker
Maaaan, you're completely wrong. Here lies document (on russian and in .pdf), in which it is written in black and white how Zagitova got into the national team and was invited to control skates of last season. The fact that I should send you on this link already shows your ignorance of the question: those who followed the figure skating in Russia at least last year, are aware of this situation. For example, you can find even in this forum a lot of posts - "who is this girl at all" "why was she invited at all" "she does not deserve this," etc., and so on.

Another inconvenient fact is RusFed every season, I emphasize, every season does this - i.e. violates its own rules. (I wonder, is this news for you?) And what's interesting is - almost always subsequent events prove the rightness of the federation. So it was with Zagitova, so it was with Pogorilaya, it was with Plushenko, so it was with the Kovtun, so it was with Makarova, after all. And if you do not trust RusFed - trust your own eyes, your understanding of figure skating and common sense. (by the way, big bosses from the fed do exactly so). And you can also try to do so: go - and watch the video of performance of Kostornaya at Moscow Open. And try to say after that that the level of her skating (the level of skating, and not some bureaucratic rules) does not deserve participation in the JGP.

And now, when there is a choice whom to send to the JGP stage, her or, for example, Konstantinova or Vasilieva, the answer is obvious. I'll explain it especially for you: while both Konstantinova and Vasilieva are really good and promising young figure skaters, it's completely incomprehensible at the expense of what they should defeat the foreign competitors as right now, as in the future. Why should judges scoring them higher than others?

A typical mistake. Some fans believe that their favorites should win simply because "we want it so much", "it should be so", "they are simply the best" and so on. RusFed thinks another way. They are always in search of such athletes, who somehow favorably differ from others, at the expense of that they will win both right now and in the future. And if you do not see this in Alena Kostornaya - go already and see the video of her performance on YouTube.

Good for them if they invited and gave her a JGP event. They were right: Alina won both JGP final and Junior Worlds.

Last edited by a moderator: